• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hublot Ice Magic or Black Magic - Any reps on the horizon?

Tommy Tom

Renowned Member
28/11/06
Does anyone know if these will be rep'd. I don't think I am alone in wondering why they bothered to make the Mellow Yellow when these are the ones that will fly out the door quicker than they can make them.

lovepanerai

28/7/06
I have heard that the Black Magic will be replicated, but pricing is close to $800, assuming that the case and bezel is ceramics - the timeframe should be June

SD4K

Renowned Member
25/10/06
800 Bucks????!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: [smilie=banghead.gif]

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
From a source I hear that the Rose Gold ceramic will the be one avaialable next but ther is no timeframe yet on the Black Magic. If it is ceramic it will carry a heavy pric tag.

cdigi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/4/06
Re: Hublot Ice Magic or Black Magic - Any reps on the horizo

tomhirvin said:
Does anyone know if these will be rep'd. I don't think I am alone in wondering why they bothered to make the Mellow Yellow when these are the ones that will fly out the door quicker than they can make them.

I don't get the yellow version either. Can't wait for these reps to drop.

Arlequin

Known Member
5/2/07
That is on a pre-order.
I do not know if that will be the final release price.
Price on the warm side?

lovepanerai

28/7/06
well guys - it is going to be north of $750 and it won't have a ceramics case like the genuine :cry: the case will be PVD coated and the bezel will be ceramics...

believe it or not but I would spend up to $900 if it would have a ceramics case :wink:

ssalxpanerai

Renowned Member
25/10/06
lovepanerai said:
well guys - it is going to be north of $750 and it won't have a ceramics case like the genuine :cry: the case will be PVD coated and the bezel will be ceramics...

believe it or not but I would spend up to $900 if it would have a ceramics case :wink:

I agree with you and will do it too. But compared to the gen, I would like to see the improvement on CF dial also. The rep is very hard to see the crosses on surface. I don't know if we can get the gen dial to replce and the rest will be great. The dial is too obvious to see the difference.

spekoli

26/12/06
damn, when i first saw that black magic i thought i may have a bb in the watchbox in the near future.
that's alot of scratch for a single rep though. especially with a lower end movement

just a noob opinion

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
?? WHY ??

Why would anyone consider buying a replica watch for $800 ?

I will never understand it... unless it came with a hot blonde between the lugs!

lovepanerai

28/7/06
daytona4me said:
?? WHY ??

Why would anyone consider buying a replica watch for $800 ?

I will never understand it... unless it came with a hot blonde between the lugs!

The biggest reason is probably that we are all a little insane, spending money on items that have actually no/little value outside this community.

The intriguing part about the black magic with ceramics case and bezel is certainly that it won't scratch and would therefor look new forever, well of course unless you scratch it with a diamond - is it worth $800+? probably not considering that it has a $25 movement.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Well... to me, above 500USD is tad too high. Considering Chanel J12 with pure ceramic (top end) can be found for about 400USD (best price). This is one of the reason I don't settle for Ceramic Bezel Big Bang... Bezel = 100USD++ premium; it's just not worth it. However, it's still... the decision to buy is yours.

flugel

4/12/06
There's nothing wrong with the carbon fiber texture on the dial. Hublot has used two different manufacturers of the dial, and the texture is slightly different on each.

Now the misaligned 20 and 10 is a different story.

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
My mantra is to go with reps I could actually afford. As a student / young entrepreneur, it's hard to believe I could pay for an 11,000+ $ Ceramic/Carbon or Rose Gold HBB. I could only pay for that if I was entreprenuring in selling crack cocaine to kids. So a Big Bang is out of the question for me (for now at least).

But as the HBB's are expensive watches, 800 bucks for a 99,7348 % replica isn't such a bad deal. It's still less than 10% of the price. A Swiss ETA SMP sells for 230 dollars and the gen can be bought from an AD for around 1,500 dollars. So the rep SMP with more flaws sells for 15% of the gen AD price.

Yes, the rep prices have gone up lately, but the quality has gone up even faster. The new HBB and Cousteau would fool most AD employees and gen owners, and that says a lot, because our Chinese friends keep repping more and more complex watches. In my opinion, as long as the price is proportionate around 10-15% of a gen and you get a very accurate rep, it's a fair deal.

lovepanerai

28/7/06
marinlicina said:
My mantra is to go with reps I could actually afford. As a student / young entrepreneur, it's hard to believe I could pay for an 11,000+ $ Ceramic/Carbon or Rose Gold HBB. I could only pay for that if I was entreprenuring in selling crack cocaine to kids. So a Big Bang is out of the question for me (for now at least).

But as the HBB's are expensive watches, 800 bucks for a 99,7348 % replica isn't such a bad deal. It's still less than 10% of the price. A Swiss ETA SMP sells for 230 dollars and the gen can be bought from an AD for around 1,500 dollars. So the rep SMP with more flaws sells for 15% of the gen AD price.

Yes, the rep prices have gone up lately, but the quality has gone up even faster. The new HBB and Cousteau would fool most AD employees and gen owners, and that says a lot, because our Chinese friends keep repping more and more complex watches. In my opinion, as long as the price is proportionate around 10-15% of a gen and you get a very accurate rep, it's a fair deal.

Amen :D :D