• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hublot Classic Fusion 42mm Black - Review and Photos

Ifcowscouldfly

Supporter
Certified
25/3/17
Australia
I received my JJF Classic Fusion 42mm black dial this week and thought I’d post some proper thoughts and photos for those who are considering purchasing the watch.

I posted my initial thoughts immediately after receiving the watch, being:
  • It’s a great looking watch!
  • The watch wears smaller than the listed 42mm. It wears more like a 40mm watch.
  • The watch strap is nowhere near as bad as people are claiming. It’s definitely stiffer than the gen strap I tried at an AD, but is still comfortable.
  • Fit and finish seem excellent so far (though I'm at work so haven't looked too closely yet).
  • The watch is much shinier than in photos - Even the brushed areas have more of a shimmer, in comparison to the brushed areas of a Rolex.
After spending the last few days with the watch, I wanted to add a few more thoughts (particularly comparing the quality to my first rep – a recent Noob ICHS Explorer II). Bear in mind that this is my second rep and I am likely to still be in the honeymoon phase.

Watch Head
  • The craftsmanship and finishing of the watch head is really superb. Better than the Noob.
  • The contrast of the brushed and mirror finished areas of the watch are amazing to look at.
  • The brushed areas are particularly high quality.
  • Everything is very shiny – my wife described it as the male version of a diamond ring.
Dial
  • Although on first glance the black dial is very plain, it actually has great micro-texture that gives it a nice sheen.
  • I really like the bevel on the date window – it’s a nice detail.
Strap
  • The finishing of the deployant clasp is slightly below the Noob clasp. The outside of the clasp is better finished (mirror finish), however some parts of the inside of the clasp isn’t as well finished.
  • Once again, the strap is stiffer than the gen strap I tried at an AD but remains comfortable. I’m now tossing up whether it’s worth purchasing a gen strap but saw on another thread that you have to provide the serial number of your watch when purchasing a strap.
Movement
  • The movement appears well finished with great texture on a number of the parts.
  • When hand winding the watch, the wind is MUCH smoother than the Noob. Makes me believe that it was properly oiled/lubricated at the factory.
  • The watch is keeping excellent time. Haven’t noticed any gains or losses in time, but have only had the watch for 5 days
Would love to hear your thoughts on the watch, any questions you have and any pointers I can implement for future reviews.

I’ll leave you with the photos I took this morning. Enjoy!

ZV8OSfA.jpg

PPmzNMZ.jpg

lHzoqMe.jpg

i7K5Nj0.jpg

TiS1Wax.jpg

kgyyL3H.jpg

o9wygvI.jpg

Reactions: gilrob

Surfnc

Known Member
6/9/12
Great review and shots. This one is definitely the next on my list. It is interesting how shiny people keep commenting that it is. I think your pictures capture that!

Ifcowscouldfly

Supporter
Certified
25/3/17
Australia
Thanks! Its actually more shiny than in the photos, that part is quite hard to capture. Its almost like a sparkle instead of normal shininess.

craiguk

26/7/16
I went for the grey version and the first thing I noticed was how shiny it was.

My wife had the gen smaller ladies version of the same watch in the same grey colour and I don't remember it being this shiny - but that was a few months ago in fairness.

Apart from the shiny effect (which could be gen-like if I'm remembering it wrong) it's a great watch and I had the one with the dodgy date wheel too which really didn't bother me.

PS Good review and great photos!

whysoserious

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/12
Bloody gorgeous - wear it in good health. And JJF (if you're reading this), good job for nailing this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ebzen02

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/4/10
Probably the only hublot that doesn't scream for attention .. looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterpl

Supporter
Certified
24/7/11
This looks sick man!!! Congrats - I'm going to order one now.

Therion666

Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
Thanks for your awesome pics. They made me want a Hublot for the very first time in my life :D

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
Love the photos and nice write-up! I too am eyeing the same watch albeit the grey dial once it is ascertained how close to gen it is else the blue it will be.

Therion666

Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
@craiguk : got any pics? :) I neeeeed to see some more pics of the grey, the finger is already on the trigger :)

swiss6uk

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/6/16
world
very nice watch ...which site you bought it? can you link it please?

Thank you

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
That looks incredible! TDs should pay you for making all of us buy this just because of your pics.

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
Hows is the deployant clasp? does it hurt or dig in your wrist at all? i may concider getting one of these if the clasp issue is not like it use to be.