• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to unscrew royal oak bezel screws?

invision

Looking Around
17/4/23
Netherlands
Hello everyone,

I'm still fairly new here at RWI, I've been watching as a spectator for a while now, but I want to post more from now on. Soon I will make an introduction with my rep collection (25+ watches). I'm currently exploring my own watch repairs, mods etc. I have bought a lot of tools and did already some replacements like movements, dials, hands, crystal etc.

But today I'm stuck with the problem below:
I've been trying for a few days now to find info on how to remove the bezel screws. I looked online but can only find information about the genuine royal oak watches, they are using a screw mechanism at the back that is connected to the back screws. But my royal oak (offshore, classic and chrono) reps have very small holes at the back, where nothing can be seen in terms of (flat head) screws.

Does anyone know how to get the bezel screws out? I've added some pictures below so you can see what I mean.

It's giving me quite a headache now because I can't find an answer. I even made a small screwdriver to look in the hole to see if I feel something clicking, but unfortunately that doesn't work either.

Thank you very much in advance!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
For models where the bezel is fixed and part of the case the bezel screws are in fact decorative heads and cannot be removed.

Reactions: kidcreole

invision

Looking Around
17/4/23
Netherlands
For models where the bezel is fixed and part of the case the bezel screws are in fact decorative heads and cannot be removed.

Ah that explains a lot! To bad I wanted to modify them on one of the watches.

Closed up almost al 3 of them again.. but have a problem with one, it is a 7750 valjoux movement. First time I'm working with this movement. The stem won't go fully back in, and keeps coming out. Pushed the small button to return it. When I try to push it in, it clicks like it is in place but doesn't locks into position. When I pull it again, it comes back out.

When disassembling I got it out at winding position, do you know what it could be?

takamakatai

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/23
US
My watchmaker said the have these nuts on them that need a special tool to get to. I was gonna get this for my loose bezel but dropped the watch before I could.