• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to remove the omega logo? Advise needed

taiji

30/11/06
Hi,

Does anyone here know a proper method to remove the omega logo from the dial? I manage to find one rep dial that comes with the flat logo and I hope to do a switch.

I can easily switch the whole dial but the font on the flat logo rep dial is incorrect and the hour markers are too thin and look way far from the gen.

I understand that no matter how much I mod it ill never bring me close to the gen but I just hope to make it look nicer.

Any advise is appreciated.

Thank in advance.

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
Hey Taiji, if your trying to get the best gen look possible you can get the genuine dial from http://www.ofrei.com.

What model of Omega are you looking to Mod.

dukas

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/1/07
taigi, is the model you wanna mod is Planet Ocean? Wanna know the model if you don't mind.

taiji

30/11/06
Hi Dukas,

Yes it is a black 42mm PO. I know ofrei can provide me a solution but the price is way too steep.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
To remove the logo you should detach the dial from the movement completely. If you look at the back of the dial you will see tiny positioning holes. The logo as two feet that anchor it into the holes. Use a pin to push the logo out from the back side. This will eliminate any chance of damaging the dial. There is a chance that the feet of the new logo will not match those on the dial, so they may have to be be removed. If so you will need to use the tiniest amount of superglue possible to reattach it. You don't want it to ooze out, and you want to allow for slight bit of adjusting once its down. I apply it using the head of a pin to the center of the thickest part. You don't need much glue at all.

taiji

30/11/06
Hi Andreww,

Thanks for your advice. what do you mean by " I apply it using the head of a pin to the center of the thickest part."?

I am expecting a gen crown and tube. They will arrive in about 6 weeks time. I will do the mod together by then and post a pic when it is done.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
All I meant was that when you put the logo on the face of the watch (assuming you have to remove the legs), you will likely want to adjust it slightly. If there is glue right on the edge of the logo, it will then show on the dial. I would probably put it just above the feet. Hopefully the legs will be in the same position, then you can just glue it from behind.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
greeetz said:
Hi guys,
will Ofrei's dials fit the case of the PO's? (especially the big version ?) They are expensive but might be worth a try- what do you think ?
Has anybody tried it already? :?:

I've seen the Gen dial mounted in the 4th gen 42mm version in person... it fits perfectly.

I've heard rumor of the gen dial fitting the UPO... haven't seen it in person or photos yet though.... if you take the plunge keep us posted.