• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to remove PO bezel insert

dbrinch

Renowned Member
31/1/10
Calgary, Canada
I noticed that the bezel insert isn't aligned properly and would like to remove and fix it. The glue of the 11 and 5 mark isn't holding, but I still cant insert a small screw driver to pop it out. Any suggestions? thanks

Hogan

Renowned Member
26/1/09
Heat it up to the point it will become very gummy. Then just lift off. Then just re-align and glue. Hair dryer will work fine.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Did it work?
&
Couldn't you just rotate it a milliliter or two without actually lifting it out after heating it?

goin6633

I'm Pretty Popular
8/9/08
Is it the same way to remove the gen insert ?
Difficult to remove the gen insert !

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
If you can get it to move, why not just move it a bit to align?

jy6221

7/7/09
ugh i'm having the same issue. Mine wont rotate so i cant correctly align and still wont move when i heat it. Any sugegstions?

is it possible to drill the pearl and then use a small rod to pop it out???? I'll be replacing it as there are quite a few scratches.

DemonSlayer

Known Member
3/12/07
Pop out the crystal and then slide a thin knife or blade in between the insert and crystal gasket, and gently lift all the way around.

jy6221

7/7/09
Thanks - i'll order a new insert off the bay or dealer here if possible. Drill the old pearl and pop it out! Do they sell ceramic inserts for SMP? As i find i scratch the metal ones too easily...

Thanks