• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to operate your mechanical automatic watch

USA IN STOCK

Hello, I'm Melissa
Trusted Dealer
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
USA
(People will have opinions on what additional steps I could include in this but this is a good basic guide in my opinion.)

How to operate your mechanical automatic watch.

Step 1
Begin by unscrewing the crown three or four times in an anti-clockwise motion until you feel the crown pop out. Then continue to wind the crown around 30 times clockwise to charge it. Do not force it if it becomes tight.

Step 2
Check the date (if equipped). If you need to adjust the date, pull the crown out once from the winding position and move the crown in a clockwise motion to change the date. We recommend not to set the date when your watch is near 12 o’clock to avoid any damage to the date wheel.

Step 3
To set the time, pull the crown out once more to set the time by moving the crown either clockwise or anticlockwise.

Step 4
Push the crown back into the winding position, push it once more and then begin to screw clockwise to lock it into place. Sometimes it is easier to screw anticlockwise by one quarter turn while pushing down before beginning to screw clockwise.

Step 5
Wear your automatic watch daily to power your watch and ensure the best performance. As you move throughout the day, your movements wind the mechanism inside the watch to keep it ticking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emendieta73