• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to open the backcase?

migueloliveira

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/11
Hi,

please, I've got an SpeedMaster Date and I want to open/remove the caseback. How can I remove it? :unsure:

DSC01035.jpg

DSC01033.jpg

Kind regards,

dlc.nla

23/8/11
There's several ways.

One that I use is the Jaxa (or similarly styled) caseback remover. You can buy these from Offshore here in the forums, or Amazon, eBay,Ofrei, etc. If you will be doing a lot of work on your watches, I'd def invest in one of these.

The simplest way is to use a ball of duct tape. Put the watch (crystal side down) into your palm. Use a ball of duct tape (sticky side out) to unscrew the caseback. It may take a little elbow grease, but its really very easy.

Be careful with your watch, and enjoy yourself!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

D

d4m.test

dlc.nla, many thanks about your help. ;) I will try the ball of duct tape and after that I will tell here if I get it out. :)

ajs914, it was very hard to find one in the end of last year, and it was not a new one, it is a second hand bought on Silix. This Omega (such as the Day/Date) was release in 2008, but soon the stop the production and never returned again.... :( Like I said I bought a second hand, but I was a lucky guy finding it.

Today I've ordered a genuine bracelet, that I think that it will look very cool on this Omega. This one:
ome97691064.jpg

Best regards,
Miguel

Job done!!! :D :D Again, many thanks about your tip dlc.nla. :)

This was the first time that I'm seeing the interior of my watch, and it look great!!! Take a look:
DSC01036.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

Just one more question, if I may. :) Do anybody know if I can fit a genuine backcase on this rep?

My best regards,