• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to fit the second hand on pignon!!!

aldo_watch

Getting To Know The Place
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/14
Here is my worse incobus...I mean to put the fuc*ing second hand into the pignon, tipically in 21j etc movements...

- I have a proper piliers
- 3x lens (maybe I'm gionna buy 8x or more...)
- a freeze hand... when I'm sober of course :))))

I'm not able to... very difficult to me and that is frustarting cause when i have to palce a hand of second in a wath that menas i'm just one step to the goal...

Any advices? Any tricks? I did a reserch into the forum's page but I didn't find so much.

Thanks!

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
Gelena Shitinerand
First thing to do is what happened to me. Make sure that the very tiny, needle-like seconds pinion is there. Mine snapped off of the last movement I used, I guess it's pretty easy to do.

Use a small wad of rodico putty and stick the end of the seconds hand to it. Use one hand to hold the rodico putty and center the seconds hand over the very small pinion, with the other hand, use something soft but firm (like a pencil eraser) to put light pressure onto the seconds hand to slightly push it on to the pinion. Once it's seated, use the pencil eraser to push the second hand onto the pinion.

Before you put everything back together, let the watch run for an hour out in the open to make sure the seconds hand doesn't hit the minute hand at any time during the hour (this will let the minute hand travel once around the dial, so you'll cover all your possible contact points.)

Patience. It drives me crazy too. Good luck!