• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to disassemble UPO

bkushner

Horology Curious
1/11/09
I have a UPO 45 mm and the lume from the 6 position has come loose. Are there any instructions on how to get at it to reattach?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Here is what I did recently to fix my 4th Gen PO ......
It had 6 lume dots that came off and were floating around the dial.

1) remove the case back. Use a sticky ball or duct tape rolled up into a ball

2) Remove stem - search how to do this - my only tip is when you push the stem release button, do not push too hard! Just barely push when pulling the stem out.

3)remove either the movment ring or retaining screws, turn watch over and let the movement rest in your hand. Wear gloves!

4) place the loose lume back on the marker with a very, very, very small dab of epoxy.

5) let the epoxy cure over night before you re-case the movement. Or the fumes might ruin your dial. Just keep it in a dust free ventilated place.

6) put the it back together in reverse order - make sure you check the crystal for any lint/dust or you will have to repeat.

Good luck. And if any of this makes you queasy, contact Katt or 14060.

bkushner

Horology Curious
1/11/09
ok, stem out. not sure what movement ring or retainer screws are though. edit . got it

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Any before and after pics? I'm always in awe of guys who just jump in and give it a stab.