• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to change an insert on a seamaster rep

bajere

Horology Curious
20/2/08
Hey,
Anyone know how to change an insert on an orange Seamaster rep? Need a new one as pearl is not straight? Im very new to this watch game :(

spookycord

Known Member
1/6/07
a. Heat up the bezel with a blowdryer, then take a razor blade to the outside edge and pry up the insert.
or
b. remove bezel assembly by unsnapping it from the case being careful not to scratch anything up or bend the bezel too much.
or
c. open caseback, remove movement/dial, push out crystal, pry out insert from inside

DSC03420.jpg

bajere

Horology Curious
20/2/08
Thanks, hair dryer sounds easy. Im thinking of getting a new insert off of ebay. Do you know of anywhere else i can get a good insert from? will ebay be any good?

spookycord

Known Member
1/6/07
I have bought bezel inserts of the bay before and they have all sucked. Last couple times I got mine from my dealer, but he said they are out or stopped making the old stock 4th gen PO bezels, and the ones I got had the raised pearl. So I ended up modding two by sandwiching them together to recess the pearl. It's not perfect. My first stop would be the dealer you bought if from if you got if from a dealer. They should send you a new one free of charge.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
if i can recall, 42.5 mm inserts off of the bay dont fit the reps as the reps have a larger diameter by 1mm or less than 1mm

those that changed out the 45 mm po have said the pearl is part of the bezel, not the insert.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
fakemaster said:
Will that work on a Rollie?

it willl work with rollies but require some sanding.

the omega ones i hear dont work cuz u cant size up :)