• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to aproach to a TD

Jusezim

Horology Curious
2/10/22
Hello everyone.

When talking with a TD, can I send him a list of watches that I am potentially interested and check the availability or is better to just ask they the essentials?

I know it's a noob question, but I think that's important to have a good relationship with a td.

davidc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/5/22
First i would decide what watch and factory you would want to go with or narrow down your list of watches that you definitely want to purchase right away and inquire about those rather than ask alot of questions and end up not really buying anything, i know the TDs will try their best to answer your questions but if you are just bombarding them with questions and not really purchasing they will probably eventually not take you really seriously.
As long as you are respectful and your buying and payments go through im sure you will have a good relationship with any TD.

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Asking availability is key, as most times their websites (if they exist) could be out of date.
Meaning items on there no longer available or items available not on there.

I think if you enquire as to price/availability, any TD should be able to very quickly answer and give you the info you need.

If they don't, pick another one, 24 to choose from.

Another key question is to ask about their first order refund/replace policy in the case of lost/seized shipments, as not all TDs cover this.

And also their shipping options/charges.

Lastly, if they offer any discount for paying via one payment method over another.

Best of luck & happy shopping.

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Certified
13/7/16
Hello everyone.

When talking with a TD, can I send him a list of watches that I am potentially interested and check the availability or is better to just ask they the essentials?

I know it's a noob question, but I think that's important to have a good relationship with a td.
Yes contact Li at Jtime or Sales at puretime, both are very good TDs! Jtime are on holiday until 10/5 or 10/6 though, not sure about puretime :)

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Certified
13/7/16
I have asked Li questions like "Which Omegas are available from VS factory" and he has responded with a list of the ones that are in stock. His service is great, don't worry about annoying them, they want to sell you a watch afterall!