• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How robust is the ultimate Planet Ocean watch?

carlosjonez

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/11/12
Hi i really like the 42mm PO but how robust is it if you were to use it everyday? I would be getting the best one around (i think) and from a trusted dealer so it would be of very high quality. I just wondered if anyone had any stories or comments at all? specifically about the black paint on the bezel rubbing off?

Thanks

bradj

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/12
If you are like most around here you won't wear it everyday because you'll buy a new rep every other week once you get this one it and see how good reps are.

carlosjonez

13/11/12
This is very true, i have just bought a HBB black magic and waiting for it to arrive and here i am scouting out my next watch!

I was just curious as to how they wear if you use them a lot.

Cheers

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
The UPO is very well made in either 42 or 45, although the 42 is made by Rollie factory (also called 42PO factory) and the 45 is made by Noob factory. The 45 may be a little better, but they should both last a very long time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

stormspeed

8/4/11
The UPO is very well made in either 42 or 45, although the 42 is made by Rollie factory (also called 42PO factory) and the 45 is made by Noob factory. The 45 may be a little better, but they should both last a very long time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wrong info bud. UPO is only the 45mm. 42 is just the PO.

carlosjonez

13/11/12
Very interesting thanks. I had heard the 45mm was a bit big for some people but It's only 3mm isn't it!
the noob one does sound better. Glad I asked now.

stormspeed

8/4/11
I actually had a gen 42mm PO. My wrists are 6.75 and thought it was the perfect size. Some even said it looked pretty big on my wrist. The UPO is pretty big, you may want to check out the wrist shot threads.

doubleohseven

8/11/12
Small watches are for chicks.. But if you have girl wrists, go for a small one. Why buy a nice watch if you want to hide it..

xocomaox

8/4/12
Large watches are in fashion right now but I don't think they look as classy as their smaller, more normal sized counterparts.

And 40mm isn't a small watch in comparison with most ladies models.

spdu4ia

25/7/12
42mm is the perfect not too big not too small size. Wear it well and if you scratch the insert put a new one in.

grejyedi

29/12/11
Back to the original question:

If you were shot at on a train, feel hundreds of feet into a mountain stream it would survive, even if you fell into a freezing Scottish loch.

Don't stir your martini with it though.

spdu4ia

25/7/12
Yea , if you had a gen :)

Shot on a train with a rep...yea
But they aren't known for their water proofness ;)