• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How reliable is the A8605 Omega clone movement?

photoman9988

Known Member
16/4/11
I just ordered a VSF Omega Aqua Terra V2 with the clone 8605 movement. Most of my reps in the past have used an A7750, and they have ALL stopped working within a few years of purchase. I'm wondering if the A8605 movement is any better?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Very reliable. Just get them repaired/serviced if they stop working in a few years. No biggie.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Connone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
24/5/20
UK
Mine was running very well until I'd had it 7 months and then it started losing about 150 seconds per day. I sent it to a watchmaker who suggested a service. After 3 months, the best he could do was about 80 seconds per day. It was very smooth to wind and obviously benefitted from the service but the accuracy still bugs me. Is it possible to buy a replacement movement?

Nomadante

Horology Curious
14/4/22
I just ordered a VSF Omega Aqua Terra V2 with the clone 8605 movement. Most of my reps in the past have used an A7750, and they have ALL stopped working within a few years of purchase. I'm wondering if the A8605 movement is any better?
Hi, I'm interested in this same watch: Omega AT GMT by VSF and the 8605 clone movement. My doubt is if the GMT works or is just aesthetic. I mean, if GMT hand really moves and can be adjuted by the crown to work as a second time zone.

Thanks in advance.