• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How many versions of the SS "Pumpkin" exist?

300kph

24/5/13
Posted Today, 12:14 AM
I've been researching the Hell outta' this watch and find that one dealer (Puretime) has no less than 4 versions.

$108 / $238 / $308 & $428 (all w/ SS bracelet, but orange leather band versions are the same price)

Has anyone taken the time to do the "Definitive" comparison of the many different versions?

I realize the manufacturers are upping their game constantly and I sometimes compare reps to buying electronics (they can become obsolete by the time they arrive in the mail and get replaced by the newest "Noob" or whatever the letter of the day is for the top factory)

I would kill to see a detailed breakdown of the different generations.

That said I have 2 questions:

• Pardon my ignorance but can you swap out the orange leather for the SS and vice-versa?
  • (and this creates a quandary... If you buy the top of the line SS where the Hell do you find a top of the line stand-alone orange leather rep strap? I can only assume the strap / buckle gets better as you move up the quality ladder?)

• And... does anyone know if a new version of this same watch is in development?

OK, that's 3 questions. Sorry.

I've stumbled upon some amazing side by side comparisons of Gen vs Rep and even a wonderful Pam 299N vs K model but have been unable to find a rep vs rep vs rep post for the pumpkin"

W

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Most of the time movement is different on let's say noob 13.8 version. Movements make the difference not the case. Movt could be 21j, Asia clone, eta. 21j being the cheapest and eta being the most expensive.

Sent from 1:1 app made with gen tapatalk

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Bracelet/Strap swap is easy task. Straps are available everywhere, tons of them.
No new versions, because it's already good.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Bracelet/Strap swap is easy task. Straps are available everywhere, tons of them.
No new versions, because it's already good.

Yep. Try eBay. There is a tons if them available.

TheSav

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/4/13
Most of the time movement is different on let's say noob 13.8 version. Movements make the difference not the case. Movt could be 21j, Asia clone, eta. 21j being the cheapest and eta being the most expensive.

There is of course the quartz version as well. As for a strap you could easily get one made for you as the rep ones tend to be rubbish.

300kph

24/5/13
There has to be a lot of differences between an entry-level and a $400+ watch??? I can't beleive it's just internals. ALSO: Will the rep accept a gen leather strap? Will the gen strap accept the rep buckle / hardware?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
108$ is with asian 21 j movement.

$238 is with clone movement.

$308 is with "swiss" movement.

where id you saw the $428 one? I would like to see what comes with that price cause its pretty high...

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
There has to be a lot of differences between an entry-level and a $400+ watch??? I can't beleive it's just internals. ALSO: Will the rep accept a gen leather strap? Will the gen strap accept the rep buckle / hardware?

Yes the rep will accept the gen strap. You may have too do some spring bar adjustments, but they will fit.

I have the gen rubber with a replica clasp. I think that is what most people do because the gen clasp is 200+ dollars.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Yes the rep will accept the gen strap. You may have too do some spring bar adjustments, but they will fit.

I have the gen rubber with a replica clasp. I think that is what most people do because the gen clasp is 200+ dollars.

I have lots of Franken bracelets and straps. It's easy. Order you a box of spring bars of various sizes from eBay before you start fooling with them so you aren't left hanging. Don't be afraid. Worst you could do is f up a spring bar.

300kph

24/5/13
Puretime has the $428 version. I thought I might have made a mistake and it was a 45mm or a chrono but it's not. This watch will still have the basic flaws and just upgraded guts?

Is this an actual Swiss movement? If so is it worth the extra juice?
Omega-2010-12-22-05-01_enl.jpg

http://www.puretime.co/product/planet-ocean-42mm-ultimate-edition-orange-on-ss-bracelet-eta2836/

I've seen reviews on the 45mm super rep and they seem to have got it right. Anyone think they will eventually do an improved version of this PO?

GrimReaper

Known Member
2/5/13
108$ is with asian 21 j movement.

$238 is with clone movement.

$308 is with "swiss" movement.

where id you saw the $428 one? I would like to see what comes with that price cause its pretty high...
$308 is a chrono, so not the same watch.
$428 one was $288 just a few days ago, it's a standard V5, just price went up.