• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How long will my Seamaster Chrono live??

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
My Seamaster Chrono.

One of my very first "big" rep I had bought years ago on Yahoo.Auction when reps were still plated and their finish would fade within weeks...

And just recently, out came the ultimate in solid steel with the new 28K 7750... That was a great joy when I unpacked it and put it on my wrist. Always like the Chrono Seamaster, like the manly steroid version of the rather small SMP...

So, here I am, totally enjoying my new 28K 7750 Seamaster Chrono which is plainly IMMACULATE and PERFECT in every way.... NO flaws WHATSOEVER.... NONE....

And it is wearing so well with all the right scratches and the bracelet getting smoother and looser by the day, not stiff like a cheap new rep....

I oiled the bracelet well so all links glide like butter...

I even went to my trusted watchemaker to get him to work on the buckle... We all know how weak or fussy these Omega buckles (rep and gen) can get so I got him to rebuild the clasp stronger with genuine Omega rivets and he worked on the complete clasp... now this baby stays on my wrist like a tank, guaranteed...worht the $80...

The watch is running perfect, chronos reset perfect... Keeping PERFECT time....

So... my question is:

How long should I expect this 28K 7750 Movement to last without a service? Or, i should say: how long can I run this beauty before it needs a service? A year? I am more than willing to pay the $250 to my local watchmaker to service it around ... let;s say... hhhmmm...by next Christmas maybe???
Will it run still by then?

Because I really think this specific specimen I have was a lucky strike for me: nothing is wrong with it and it is so solidly put together and they did this one right at the factory, that a service would be money well spent.... unless of course the movement will eventually kill everything I think about this watch sooner or later???

Appreciate your thoughts...

chrono.jpg

Luke

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
time's up...it will die tomorrow !!

just kidding....i am curious myself how long the latest asian 7750 version will last with no problems.
i think....they are better then we expect !
who has one - and what are the experiences ??

evildee

13/9/06
One of mine is starting to crap out. It's been running for 4 months. I hardly used the chrono. My other one is doing fine. Bought them at the same time. For me Asian 7750 is a crap shoot.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i know...i was never convinced of them....never dared to touch them....there will come the right time !