• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How is this looking?

J__D

Horology Curious
18/11/10
I have just received QC pics from MR. I just wanted to use all your knowledgeable eyes to see if I'm missing anything. I have asked if it was a scratch by the "11" market. Awaiting reply. All else look ok?

2.jpg

1-1.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I think everything is ok with this. UPO with clone right?

J__D

Horology Curious
18/11/10
I think everything is ok with this. UPO with clone right?

Yes Paparas, you're exactly correct. Also half your fault, as I saw the pictures in your recent thread, persuaded me to buy it!

MR said that it was a scratch at the "11" marker and he missed it, he will get a new bezel because of it, so all is well! I'm looking forward to it!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Yes MR does that lol. Such a nice guy... My favorite watch from my favorite dealer. I am glad i conviced you on this one,even half way hehe.You will enjoy it very much trust me... Make sure you post pics when you receive it an have fun with with your new hobby. Its very addictive!!!

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Looks great. Doesnt have the "omega authenticity globe" but has the SN#...

tolis

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/8/09
its with swiss eta?or clone?i see swiss eta!

but i dont see antmagnetic cover!!!!!!!

J__D

Horology Curious
18/11/10
Yep, I did see about the 'globe' but I wasn't too worried about that missing.

Its Asia clone, it does have anti-mag, but I didn't post that photo! I didn't want to overload the thread :D

trandy16

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/08
I think it looks terrific...but then again....an Omega SMPO is one of my all time favorites. :)

tolis

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/8/09
in picture i see swiss eta?or its my wrong?thanks

Pakz

Renowned Member
15/4/11
in picture i see swiss eta?or its my wrong?thanks

There's an ETA stamp, OK, but it lacks the definition, neetness, of the real thing. There are as well a few other tells notably on the regulation mechanism and the antishock... Experts could probably go on for ever on that, but to my rather untrained eyes, this clearly is an Asian Clone (which is not a bad thing, at least you're fairly sure it's new when you buy one, something you cannot say when buying "Swiss"... )
One thing that's confusing (but making sense) is that it shows "ETA" and "Swiss" everywhere... But if you're cloning a ETA movement, it makes sense copying that, no? Who would be impressed by you're movement if it said "ETA" and "China" ? ;)

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
Yep, I did see about the 'globe' but I wasn't too worried about that missing.

Its Asia clone, it does have anti-mag, but I didn't post that photo! I didn't want to overload the thread :D
Not all the gens had the globe either.

J__D

Horology Curious
18/11/10
Not all the gens had the globe either.

Yep, thats what I thought, thats why I wasn't too concerned. I just Okay'd the qc photos, after MR replaced the bezel. I got tracking number today, so now I just have to wait...... :whistle:

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Yeah the 45.5's don't have that globe. Not a big deal IMO as you can buy the gen caseback for under 140 from otto. If the anti-magnetic cover does not fit just right it will be problem for you. I have seen a few come loose. Again, not a deal breaker, I would pull it out if I had one. ;) Unless it worked then why mess with it. Great watch either way.