• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How does this work then?

cookie2112

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/5/07
(From Omega website FAQ)

HOW CAN I BE SURE I AM BUYING A GENUINE OMEGA WATCH?
- buy an Omega watch only from authorised Omega retailers

Why does Omega not repurchase vintage watches?
Omega does not repurchase vintage watches or watches that have been worn. We recommend that anyone interested in selling their watch contact their local antique dealer or auction house.

So what are the antique dealers/action houses supposed to do with theirs if Omega is telling people only to buy from authorised retailers?

AND ANOTHER THING......

I have emailed full details to Omega TWICE to verify a watch I am interested in is authentic & still no reply. So if they cannot be bothered to protect their own interests, why should I not just buy a rep? I mean they say the only way to verify is email them but they dont respond so you cant verify so why bother :? :? (but I do want a gen!!!)

willster

Renowned Member
15/3/06
Seem like reasonable questions....

not really sure myself but my recent experiences with Omeega ADs is that they all seem to have a number of pre-co-axial seamasters in their showcases that they want to sell real bad....prices down to $1000 and they will go below that for these models...

IMHO the reps of most Omeegas are very good and all mine have been very reliable....if you can get a gen for less than a grand...buy it if not get a rep