• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How does the standard lume of Ultimate PO's compare to C3?

Tommy Tom

Renowned Member
28/11/06
I have got an Orange 42mm and a black 45mm PO. Both are the Ulitmate versions.

They appear to have really good quality lume on them, although this point is moot as I have no reps with Superluminova on them. I have read that these watches have the best factory lume on them.

I am seriously contemplating having the dials relumed with superlume but I wanted opinions on whether it will make a big enough difference to justify the outlay. The current lume looks pretty bright to me, but I have no points of reference.

Opinions please would be appreciated.

jjrodr

Known Member
21/8/06
Dont know if this helps but here is a superlumed 111h dial Vs the omega Po
Omega Po
omega3jn2.jpg

Superlumed 111h dial
image00427fh5.jpg

This is last gen Po, the lume is very good, but the superlume is "super"
Regards

Tommy Tom

Renowned Member
28/11/06
Ah, I thought it was a 42mm 'ultimate' version (not with those hands!!) but its the last one made.

In my eyes the PO looks very similar to the Panerai, certainly not enough to warrant spending $100

jjrodr

Known Member
21/8/06
the main difference the time that the lume resists, superlume can go for much much longer.
Regards

b16a2

13/1/07
As above. I have recently had my Navitimer relumed, and I comapred it with the UPO. Whereas the UPO ran out of glow after a few mins, you can read the navitimer all night. It doesn't stay at full glow though which is worth noting, but is still clearly visible.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
tomhirvin said:
Ah, I thought it was a 42mm 'ultimate' version (not with those hands!!) but its the last one made.

In my eyes the PO looks very similar to the Panerai, certainly not enough to warrant spending $100

Tom,

I have the UPO 45.5 and I am saving to have it done. It glows better than most reps that I own but it just doesnt cut it after 4 hours or so. I think it will be worth the 100 bucks, believe me! As the other members have stated the re-lume will glow more intensly than the factory glow as the night gives way to the morning. The lume shots that are posted here look great, but you never can compare it unless you see it with your own eyes. BTW, I think the replacement dial (OEM) is too high right now and the relume is a better option if you were going to consider that too.

Rob