• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How does Flavor Flav apply his lume so perfectly?

Tommy Tom

Renowned Member
28/11/06
Go and have a look on his bit of Repgeek. It's unbelievable, but what is more unbelievable is that he says he applies it with an oiler drop by drop...with no loupe, just his eyesight :shock:

Now, you cannot fault how good his work looks in those pictures. It looks amazing, but i'm stunned that someone could do that work to that degree of perfection by hand.

Does anyone know how he might do it. I am fascinated to find out. It looks better than the gen watches I have seen with lume on.

SD4K

Renowned Member
25/10/06
Indeed he is very very good at relume although I've heard of ruined watches (not from Ziggy). But he quit rep modding, right?

I guess it is long time practice. You can also start by filling up indices on a sandwich dial, for a wonderful sausage effect. :wink:

Cheers!

Spy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/08
SD4K said:
Indeed he is very very good at relume although I've heard of ruined watches (not from Ziggy). But he quit rep modding, right?

I guess it is long time practice. You can also start by filling up indices on a sandwich dial, for a wonderful sausage effect. :wink:

Cheers!

He may have quit rep modding but he still makes watches, just not reps !

watchblog

21/12/07
I'm also interested to know how he does it. I've done a bit of re-luming and I can't get anything that looks that nice. I don't care how much practice I have, I don't think I'd ever be able to get it to look that good.
I hear that Everest also gets similar quality.
I've been experimenting with a 'lume clay' that I developed. I roll it into small cylinders and form it into place, but I can't get it to look as good as his sausage dials...yet.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i have seen very good work from him.....and the worst crap ever.

my 111 H i bought from him arrived with hor and minute hands sticking together. he fixed it. lume was ok, not impressive, 6 month later,

the hands fell off. unfortunately the watch was going to germany to a good friend, and Flavs watches were supposed to be one of the best ones.

so was the price. oh, before i forget, dial was attached with double sided tape. great. and it was only $ 550.

never again.