• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How do you remove the bezel on an ultimate PO?

jimjen178

Known Member
16/2/07
I want to swap out the bezel on my Ultimate PO.
I'm looking to remove the whole bezel not just the insert.

Is there a trick to it?

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
I'd use a table saw.

Oh, wait.

Sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough. I didn't realize you wanted to put something back on to your watch. :D

triple-d

Renowned Member
5/3/07
good question....I haven't seen the answer to this one. Someone will step up and tell us. :D

spotsbimmer

Horology Curious
5/12/06
I've taken mine off several times using a hard plastic spoon from the kitchen, just pry between the knurling and the lugs. Go slow to avoid warping the bezel. I'll go back on a lot easier with a little WD-40 spread the inside around with a tissue.

wurlitzer1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/07
No, you use the large sledge hammer (and an anvil) to put the bezel back on. Just duct tape the watch to the anvil first to keep it from flying.

You use an automotive tire crowbar to remove the bezel, coating the tip in liquid electrical rubber insulation to keep the crowbar from scratching the watch. Let insulation dry for 48 hours before using crowbar

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
wurlitzer1 said:
No, you use the large sledge hammer (and an anvil) to put the bezel back on. Just duct tape the watch to the anvil first to keep it from flying.

You use an automotive tire crowbar to remove the bezel, coating the tip in liquid electrical rubber insulation to keep the crowbar from scratching the watch. Let insulation dry for 48 hours before using crowbar

I've done this, it works very well. :D