• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How Do you estimate the chances for a Sterling Black Bay Fifty-Eight 925 Rep?

dangerdan3

Renowned Member
3/12/20
Lol i hope so, i mean, silver is always silver, I hope that palladium makes it a bit more resistant to corrosion, but we all known that silver is not stainless steel. Basically all silver jewelry becomes black when put into that kind of water, I'm eager to see if anyone is gonna try and test it with their Tudors LMAO

I don’t know about that, man. I’ve worn a silver ring for 7 years, daily and it’s not tarnished at all. Maybe because it’s getting rubbed a lot but still. It sees salt water and fresh water almost daily and it’s still shiny and bright.

Dpap

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
20/6/13
Honestly, if you like the watch buy the gen. The rep will never look the same since the silver alloy is proprietary

4863f73f4c94ac1ea5513af79a1f640a.jpg

Reactions: MattSP

Mean Mr. Mustard

Known Member
2/1/17
USA
Yesterday I called up my local AD and asked if they had the black bay 58 925 in stock and they said yes, they just got in one in! I wasn't planning on buying a watch but I couldn't pass it up so I pulled the trigger.

Having spent a lot of time studying this watch and fawning over it, I can confidently say that this would not be a good rep for manufacturer or buyer.

The unique look and sheen on this case cannot be replicated with steel and I doubt factories will want to start machining solid silver especially when they are not able to replicate the proprietary alloy.

No matter which way you slice it, it seems like this is one that would just be too hard to replicate in a fashion that would be enjoyable for a buyer...
​​​

Reactions: germansubmarine

Caril

Known Member
16/8/22
Portugal
Silver isn't so expensive, but Palladium is more expensive than gold: 68 vs 53 usd$ per gram.
8% Palladium ( 8g, lets say, would cost extra 500-600 usd$ on the watch, not counting with the metal removed).

I've read that this alloy might use aluminium on the silver alloy, but that's just a guess.
Anyone (say a rep factory) with the right equipment can easily get the exact composition of the used alloy.

Tudor has made a very interesting watch, with a price that isn't too high, im curious to see how these watches evolve with time. A silver bracelet could be a very cool thing for Tudor to make, like they did with the bronze.

fireice2

Known Member
4/3/19

The visual effect of silver cannot be replicated with stainless steel. This one is WBIG if you like silver or want an uncommon watch case material.