• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How do I size my new Breitling Bentley GT bracelet??

madSub

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/4/06
I just received the red Bentley GT watch from TWG. Gorgeous watch!! WOW!! :shock: Can't wait to wear it...!!!

But I hope you can help me out in what it takes and what I may need to properly size the bracelet... otherwise I guess off to my jeweler I go.

Thanks for the help!

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
If it's like my Bentley 30s you remove the small screws in the bracelet on the links you need to remove, be careful, the screws are very tiny and easily lost. Then you pull the bracelet apart by the actual link. The link should have two tubes attached to it that accept the small screws, and it should come apart rather easily but some pressure may be necessary. Before you do this take note of the arrangement of the pieces of the links. Then it's kinda like putting a puzzle together and screwing it back together when the bracelet is completely reassembled to size. Hope this helps. Good luck. :D

madSub

14/4/06
Thanks!!

However I just noticed the watch may be DOA!! Tried winding it and now after 10 minutes or so (was on phone) I noticed it has not moved one sec!! It is dead. Crap.

Shoot. Sounds like a bearing or something is loose inside sometimes when I move it.

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
That noise inside is probably the rotor that winds the watch. It is automatic wind. Hopefully it will start running. Make sure you pull out and push in the crown a few times after winding it and gently shake the watch to mimic the movement of your arm while wearing it. Then double check that the crown is pushed all the way back in and clicks and screws back in. You may know all this but I'm just trying to help. Good luck, if it is a dud your dealer will help you. :)

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
madSub said:
However I just noticed the watch may be DOA!! Tried winding it and now after 10 minutes or so (was on phone) I noticed it has not moved one sec!! It is dead. Crap.
The big second hand never moves, unless you start the chrono.

Hopefully that's that you've seen. The small seconds (at 9 o'clock) should be the only thing that moves.

If nothing moves, the crown is screwed in and you've worn it for 15 minutes, it's DOA.

madSub

14/4/06
Yup, DOA.

Such a nice watch. I peered inside the caseback and noticed the screw that holds down the rotor is broke off. Found the screw head... but need to see if a new one can be screwed on or not. Not a watchsmith obviously. :roll: