• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How do i acheive a watch like this?

mattsheehan

14/6/09
Hi all. Starting to get into vintage subs and sea dwellers big time.

Ive spotted this in the sales section, sold now but couldnt afford it any way. From the write up its had alot of work and is worth every penny. but lets say i wanted the same watch with the same glass and case with maybe a 2824/2836 movement, would have to buy all the parts seperate or can i get it ready built from a dealer and then vintigize it.

how do you get that affect on the dial and bezel.

ive read that you soak the bezel in bleach and put the dial under the grill.

Dont laugh if im wrong.

RXS6536-7-2.jpg

RXS6536-5-2.jpg

Also ive seen on silix that case with the crown guards removed for $45.

Are their modders on here who offer the service of vintagizing for people of no talent or skills at doing it themselves.

thank you

matt

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Well...that's an old version MBK/MBW case for starters.

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
If you're interested in Rolex vintage watches, many of our trusted dealers can source the older styles... 6536, 6538, 5510, 5512 and 5513. These are the older no-date subs and good choices for modding. If you spend some time in the Rolex Replica section and watch modifications section, you'll find some great information on vintagizing watches. This past year Bonesey, Donerix and Deadbear77 did some great work on Rolex vintage models. The particular model you show above is the old Rolex 6536 model, very similar to the watch worn in early James Bond movies and you'll note without crown guards. Start slow and take a step at a time, that's how I started... by lightly bleaching a bezel insert and moving on from there. ;)

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
You can buy the whole case set from Silix for about $85 with a 21j movement, or a little more for clone eta. Making ageing look natural is an art form. One I'm still learning. There are plenty of tutorials. I would actually recommend that you head on over to homageforum.com as they have a massive amount of information over there. Also good stuff here in the DIY section.