• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How can Silix be so much cheaper?

mickeypro

I'm Pretty Popular
29/6/06
Im looking at Silix's Seamaster and its quite a bit less. Ive only dealt with Josh and Andrew in the past. Can anyone weigh in here.

mp

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Possibilities:

They buy for less

or

they charge less...

one, the other, or both..

in some cases the difference could be that

one dealer's watch is asian movement and the other

dealer's movement is ETA...

Life is Good!
Klink

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
I don't know... Most dealer like Josh Andrew and others have raised there price since they have a "big web site" (it was cheaper when they only had a Photo album) Silix in another hand lowered his price a bit.

I don't know what explain the difference in price. River and Silix are usually much cheaper than other dealers. Anyway, Jay (silix) is a good dealer, so is Josh and Andrew (ordered from all of them)

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
From my experience.... Jay and Angel (Silix) tend to be a lil harder to order from (no direct checkout, and most of the time it's WU or bank transfer) and the quality control is average... also, e-mail question/response time is a lil slow

Josh and Andrew are easier to buy from (credit card direct checkout).... have slightly above average quality control.... and respond very quickly to e-mail....

I have had an issue with an Andrew watch and a direct replacement was sent... before I returned the watch... never had an issue with Silix where they had to take care of an issue... so I can't speak for their customer service...

Andrew and Josh work hard to bring the newest models and generations of watches... don't know about Silix in that regard.... so, you're paying a premium for customer support/ speedy checkout... and you know, Ruby is a good balance between Josh/Andrew and Silix as she is cheaper with very good customer service... and she has access to most of the same stock as Josh/Andrew....

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
bought from 5 star dealer ...and from River...same quality, same watch, both very fast shipping.
price difference $ 55...on a 230 tag...thats 25%.

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
About "quality control", you better call that "luck"... All of them drop ship and never see the watch you will receive.