• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

how accurate is the ar on v5 po

dfq23

18/12/12
Hello

I have a v5 po which purple ar. Looked at a gen in a shop the other day and it looked colourless. I thought the ar was supposed to be accurate on the v5 though. What colour should it be?

Thanks

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
It is not accurate you will need to buy a Gen Xtal. Good news is these are in short supply so you will not be able to buy a V5 anymore. The LMPO Xtal is 1:1 perfect best I have personally ever seen on Rep. Blue AR, but no visible hue.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
From what I remember, some of the earlier gens had purple AR. New ones have been colorless for quite a while though. Try to find a Sunnydale AR'd crystal. They are awesome.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
From what I remember, some of the earlier gens had purple AR. New ones have been colorless for quite a while though. Try to find a Sunnydale AR'd crystal. They are awesome.

Absolutely correct. I had one of these earlier crystals and was really close with the rep one.

The new ones though come all with colorless AR.

I have to agree also with Sunny AR, its the next best thing, if you cant get a gen crystal...

dfq23

18/12/12
So to be more gen like now without getting a new crystal would removing the outer ar work as it would still leave the inner but make it less purple?

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
It comes down more to transparency than anything else, the omega gen xtals with double AR are always very transparent (big no crystal effect), both new and old xtals, regardless of tint. The reps xtals really lack this, they have tint but little transparency. Tints aren't everything :)

Sunnys crystals are excellent in terms of closeness to gen transparency.

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Just like others have stated. The first models of the Planet Ocean had the blueish tint. While the newer versions have the color-less AR. The color isn't as big of a deal as the clarity of the crystal just like drbollocko mentioned.