• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hot take, the one and only on your wrist.

Sheldinian

Getting To Know The Place
7/9/19
Morning ladies and gents. Fun question to throw out there. If you could pick one watch that you would wear for life like ol grampepe did, what watch would you wear and pass down to your generations. Rep or not, big expense or not. And why would you choose it?

I'll go first, I've been thinking quite a bit of a one and forget it watch. I've decided on the new black dial Rolex Explorer II Genuine. For the reasons of:
* Rolex retains it's value over time
* This model is overlooked and people wouldn't guess it's a Rolex.
* Has great functionality and precision
* Has a good depth rating
* The antimagnatism is a musts must
* Sturdy as hell and looks better with scratches
* Would look awesome on the wrist of Indiana Jones or Nathan Drake, and I wish I was like those blokes.

Maybe the negatives would be:
* It's a Rolex, and if anyone sees the Crown on the dial, its a magnet
* Service Center, need I say more
* How Rolex doesnt care about it's wearers
* If people know your watch, then your upbringing will seem like a preppy, trust fund kid that has his education and rent paid for by ol Daddy.

Anyway, what's your thoughts, give me some digs and diss my watch, I can't take it. But mose of all, what's your choice.

Sheldinian.

ihavedrainbamage

5/4/23
USA
3861 speedy as long as it has the micro adjustment. Especially since it flies under the radar unless someone is a watch nerd.

If I didn't have to go into the office then a no-date sub would be in the picture. I don't give a shit what other people think, but unfortunately it matters in my highly political workplace so I wouldn't wear a Rolex to work. I prefer the 11 series, but if this is a one watch collection then I'd go with the 12 series.

JLC MUT small seconds would be another runner up but unfortunately they aren't the most practical dallies due to the strap and (lack of) water resistance. Although the speedy isn't much better when it comes to the latter.

Reactions: Sheldinian

Triggerstuck

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/23
I’ll have to go with the Patek Grand Complications Sky Moon Tourbillion just because.

K0wlqR.jpeg

Sheldinian

7/9/19
3861 speedy as long as it has the micro adjustment. Especially since it flies under the radar unless someone is a watch nerd.

If I didn't have to go into the office then a no-date sub would be in the picture. I don't give a shit what other people think, but unfortunately it matters in my highly political workplace so I wouldn't wear a Rolex to work. I prefer the 11 series, but if this is a one watch collection then I'd go with the 12 series.

JLC MUT small seconds would be another runner up but unfortunately they aren't the most practical dallies due to the strap and (lack of) water resistance. Although the speedy isn't much better when it comes to the latter.
Makes sense. I would wear the explorer II because people wouldn't believe me if it was a Rolex at work 😂😂😂

Sheldinian

7/9/19
Now I Digress.....I tried on the polar dial explorer II a couple days ago... It's better, I change my mind 😂 😂 way better watch in person. So my pick no is 2024 Explorer II Polar.

torontotbr

Known Member
25/8/23
any stainless steel sport model with a simple/timeless design. submariner, datejust, breitling SOH, Longines legend diver, etc

can literally go to the beach, all the way to worn with black tie attire.

Reactions: Sheldinian

Sheldinian

7/9/19
any stainless steel sport model with a simple/timeless design. submariner, datejust, breitling SOH, Longines legend diver, etc

can literally go to the beach, all the way to worn with black tie attire.
Yes Agreed.

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Arguably for us watch nerds... WIS this is an impossible task.... OP confirms this by changing his mind within 1 weekof his original post 🤣 (no malice here!)

I thought I could do this and the watch in question was/is a gen no date 5 digit sub, and I think I did rather well at being my one and only for 4 years.... but then the illness returned and I now have 12xxxxxx sub and a Daytona and the gen hardly gets a look in these days 🤔 Go figure.

So yeah go ahead and choose that one watch.... it will never last for the likes of us!

Oh and I hate the explorer! 🤣

Marcov719

Supporter
Certified
25/12/22
I’ve been thinking about this myself so I recently ordered a 36mm Explorer. Going to see if I love it enough to justify to go gen and make it my “one” watch. But I have so many other fun watches I can see it being a challenge 😂. Or maybe it’s just my brain trying to justify the purchase of another watch.

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
I'll go gen just cause obv gen is better.
Starbucks Submariner.