• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hope for a RM functional chronograph utilizing the SL-4802 Peacock? - Aliexpress homage "CRONUSART" RM chronograph homage

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Cronusart is a Aliexpress brand, which I'm fairly sure uses replica parts and dials - you can see this in their DiW Daytona variant

I also saw they had some Richard Mille "homages" with functional chronographs based on the legal SL-4802 clone (which is very stable)

With this, let's hope that maybe a factory will do a RM-011 or Richard Mille chronograph with a stable 4130 or SL-4802 clone! I would happily take a SL-4801 with a fake deco plate as long as the movement is stable!

What do you guys think?

• Love
Reactions: Karbon74 and Jossé

Reaps

-
25/9/22
In comparison to the current KV-11s : this Cronusart is much thinner, much more appropiate

Of course in comparison to gen it's not a flyback, and movement is completely wrong. But it's a replica, we have to compromise.

I would definitely take this over a KV-11.....

Any thoughts?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Like Swiss above mentions, the big-date is the elephant in the room for an RM11 homage or clone. Without it here are plenty of good choices for movements, from VKs to automatics like these, but with the big date we're stuck with mods which are unreliable. Also Cronusart is the brand that was trying to flip BBR v1 movements in "sapphire" cases for like $15k if I remember right.

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Like Swiss above mentions, the big-date is the elephant in the room for an RM11 homage or clone. Without it here are plenty of good choices for movements, from VKs to automatics like these, but with the big date we're stuck with mods which are unreliable. Also Cronusart is the brand that was trying to flip BBR v1 movements in "sapphire" cases for like $15k if I remember right.
A date module slapped on top of the 4801 shouldn't be a huge ask but you're right in all of those aspects

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
I bought one from their website a while ago and was blown away by the quality. Very nice materials and the size and proportions of the case are excellent.

Reactions: GiantSquid