• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hontwatch found the exact ALS I was searching for!

jdoubleu

Horology Curious
5/12/23
Very excited to order the A. Lange & Söhne tourbillon with white enamel and the distinctive red 12 on the face. It was QC’d today. (Only 100 Gens were produced in platinum.)

Also found Hont handles over 200 highest grade LV bags (under Category at the bottom of his new website). Decided I “needed” a new LV Keepall duffel with the watch!

Now to start tracking shipping!

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
Cool 😎!

You're referring to this Lange?

A.-Lange-Sohne-1815-Tourbillon-Enamel-Dial-730.079F-5-720x480.jpg

Reactions: jdoubleu

jdoubleu

Horology Curious
5/12/23
Cool 😎!

You're referring to this Lange?

A.-Lange-Sohne-1815-Tourbillon-Enamel-Dial-730.079F-5-720x480.jpg
The Rep does not have the two tiny screws on the Tourb bridge near the Seconds hand mount, and the Seconds hand is still a bit shorter than Gen (like V2), but the Tourb has details closer to Gen than V1 and V2.
I wasn’t sure about RG or YG, so I went with SS. (Hont can get all three.).

Caution, if you wear anything from ALS in Germany, people will walk-up and start speaking in German! I had a guy tell me he was so happy I wasn’t wearing a Swiss watch! 🤣

Reactions: Horace_Derwent

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
The Rep does not have the two tiny screws on the Tourb bridge near the Seconds hand mount, and the Seconds hand is still a bit shorter than Gen (like V2), but the Tourb has details closer to Gen than V1 and V2.
I wasn’t sure about RG or YG, so I went with SS. (Hont can get all three.).

Caution, if you wear anything from ALS in Germany, people will walk-up and start speaking in German! I had a guy tell me he was so happy I wasn’t wearing a Swiss watch! 🤣
Can you post some QC photos ?

jdoubleu

Horology Curious
5/12/23
Can you post some QC photos ?
Not supposed to on RWI.
- Hont posts QC photos daily (too many people buying Cartier if you ask me). Use the Hont link, click “new” and look at 07MAR QC photos.
https://s.wsxc.cn/TJUCP1
To see the other colors, use “CATEGORY” link at the bottom left of the Hont page, then ALS.

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
AFAIK you can post QC photos for sharing but not to ask others to QC for you.

Reactions: jdoubleu

jdoubleu

Horology Curious
5/12/23
AFAIK you can post QC photos for sharing but not to ask others to QC for you.
I’ve seen others scolded here for posting… and since Hont posts QC photos (daily) and (hopefully a flatline) calibration photo of each watch, I see no reason to store duplicate photos in some data center.
Seeing many QC examples tells me what NOT to order. E.g., +6s/d = no thank you!