• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

hi refugees

Realism

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/12
:fez::stb::canuck::txrob::friends:

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Hello, Real! I just got my new watch, bought it from "The most interesting man in the World"
:D

Realism

Banned
1/5/12
Hello to you again G...

a UN... swiss clone?

Luthier

30/9/09
No, 21j, but with such a small seconds hand - it is very smooth.

DFH

Known Member
9/12/11
Hello, Real! I just got my new watch, bought it from "The most interesting man in the World"
:D

Glad it got to you, Luth! Looks great on you! Wear it in the best of health - glad it went to a true friend...

:maty:

D.

P4GTR

Banned
9/9/07
Luth, that's the one I shouldn't have let go of. What a great watch. You can do a few mods that make for a nicer overall appearance.

-The individually numbered plate to be silver instead of gold very easily. Fine grit sandpaper will remove the gold plate, leaving the black filled in numerals. Finish with a nice horizontal brushing. A little loctite on the screws is a good idea, they tend to strip.

- The metal block on one side of the strap is Ti on the gen. If you have ss you may wish to find the ti piece (they're out there).

IMG_4283.jpg

- The deployant clasp is also supposed to be Ti, but there is no rep version of it. A little TLC makes for a much nicer presentation, though. I buffed (high speed dremel polishing) the deployant so it was half brushed half polished. This really gave it better visual appeal.

IMG_4292.jpg

- The rotor has a gold metal stick on. Now there is two options here. Pull the sticker off, and use a fine grit sandpaper to remove the gold plate, and polish it a bit. I ruined mine in the process which lead to the 2nd option- just leaving it off. The rotor underneath should be a generic, decorated with geneva stripes.

IMG_4285.jpg

Sorry for the large pics, hope there was a tidbit of something useful for you.

And last but not least, hi Realism- sorry for the jack!

Realism

Banned
1/5/12
all fine by me!

a couple of gen shots of my friend's 2 months old UN out of the box while we are @ the UN topic now

friends.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

Wassup, Real??? You should change your RWI name to "Surrealism" strange to be away from home, eh?

:maty:

this is my 1st 2 days of postings lol:biglaugh::lol1:

Luthier

30/9/09
Daniel, I, actually like this gold plate with number - it looks, like copper plate with ship name on old, old ships. Same with rotor. But I definitely like your clean rotor too. I'll decide later. I'll definitely do things you recommended with clasp. I don't like titanium too much, so, I'm OK with SS. This watch need new tube, probably, the rest is almost perfect.

Pihlippe

Renowned Member
31/8/11
UN Marine

Me can like this watch,belive this is the first version of this model.....

008-1.jpg