• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hi From San Francisco

Doright

Renowned Member
3/8/13
Been lurking for a week or so and wanted to pop in and say hi.
I'm totally new to RWI and replicas in general but, I have to admit, this is already turning into an addiction. I'm already ready to pull the trigger on 3 watches from Ryan over at InTime. Have a quick nooby question though:

Ryan mentioned that he can help me install AR crystal. It is $100 extra.

Can someone tell me what an AR Crystal is and why I'd need one on a brand new AP watch?

Thank you in advance and for all you do here!!

Tony

Jeremy

Renowned Member
16/6/13
I have to admit, this is already turning into an addiction.

You have no idea.. it's a sickness and you just got infected. :cheers:

AR == Anti Reflective coating on the crystal.

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
SF is one of the most beautiful places I've visited. Traffic is a bit harsh 'tho during rush hours.

Welcome to the forum.

Doright

Renowned Member
3/8/13
Thanks all!
Hey Luthier, sounds like you think 100.00 is a little steep for the AR. Since I really don't even know what the anti reflective coating is for, I have no idea if this is worth it. Ryan at InTime recommended this and said he could show me how to install it. Is this a common practice?

The cool thing about this site is that I'm seeing and learning about watches that I'd never heard of previously. So far my favorites are Panerai, Hublot, Audemars Piguet and a few Omega's, in that order. I would have guessed I'd be drawn to Rolex first, but there are so many other great watches out there. Also a great learning experience!!

If anyone has any recommendations, I'm all ears.

Thank again!!

Tony

Doright

Renowned Member
3/8/13
Thanks Mike 8,

My dad was from up-state. I love New York. I'll be in the the big apple next month.

Arcadia, I was born and raised here so I'm partial, but it is one of the greatest city's on planet Earth. You're right though, traffic can be brutal.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi friend
Welcome to RWI from Spain
I hope to see you soon in PAM Section, the most addictive one

Regards
ALE
PAM Section Moderator

Doright

Renowned Member
3/8/13
Hey Ale,
Funny you said that. I just ordered my very first rep, a Pam 390. Funny because, 3 weeks ago, I had never heard of Panerai. But, after looking at many, many pictures and reviews, this was my first choice. Didn't realize there was PAM section. I'll have to check it out.
Tony

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Hi friend
Welcome to RWI from Spain
I hope to see you soon in PAM Section, the most addictive one

Regards
ALE
PAM Section Moderator

I agree unless you have thousands to spend on things like AR crystals. I work in the Embarcadero see you around!!