• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hi and a question

Obewan

Horology Curious
14/8/13
I've just joined the group and looking forward to learning more about replicas on here. I have just got back from Turkey and picked up a nice ( to me anyway !) Tag Carrera 16 I also picked up a Tag Monaco which was a lot cheaper but I just liked the look and feel of it. The Monaco is square and blue faced BUT has a cut-away in the face showing the movement. When I was in the shop I used my phone to check the Tag website and couldn't see anything lie it but as I said, I just liked the watch so I bought it. Has anyone ever seen a model like this ?

Thanks

greg_r

Departed Friend
Patron
8/7/08
No, it's a cheapie fantasy watch. There's no gen equivalent That's supposed to look like a tourbillon but... er.... doesn't.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Fantasy Tag.......

Plenty of those in the alleys around Canal St. Buy two get one free. Enjoy it! You may be the only one in your city to own one !!! :cheers:

Obewan

Horology Curious
14/8/13
Thanks guys, I pretty much knew it wasn't a gen copy when I bought it and Sumikito I think you are right about being the only one in my city.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi friend
Welcome to RWI from Spain
I hope to see you soon in PAM Section

Regards
ALE
PAM Section Moderator

Obewan

Horology Curious
14/8/13
ALE,
Thanks for your welcome. I must admit that I was not familiar with Panerai watches until I looked through your section. What a stunning collection of information, photographs and reviews, I spent a couple of hours browsing through it.
I am now seriously considering getting a Pam as my next rep thanks to your direction and I look forward to spending more time reading your fantastic section.
Thanks again
Steve

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
Hi from Australia, you won't regret the pam. People will say they don't get pams there so plain. Something about there simplicity that makes you feel higher class when wearing one. This is something you find out when you put one on, and once it's on you won't look back.

Sent from hell with love!

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Start with latest noob 111 if you like Pam.

Sent from 1:1 app made with genuine tapatalk as sample.

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
uzuga6e5.jpg

This is my 111j I love it!

TastyTreats

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/5/12
Never Land
I've just joined the group and looking forward to learning more about replicas on here. I have just got back from Turkey and picked up a nice ( to me anyway !) Tag Carrera 16 I also picked up a Tag Monaco which was a lot cheaper but I just liked the look and feel of it. The Monaco is square and blue faced BUT has a cut-away in the face showing the movement. When I was in the shop I used my phone to check the Tag website and couldn't see anything lie it but as I said, I just liked the watch so I bought it. Has anyone ever seen a model like this ?

Thanks

Obewan

Horology Curious
14/8/13
Thanks again for the "hello's", and MauiDave that's a fantastic glossary and very cool watch... I can see that much of many time is going to be spent on this site, drooling and researching...and then buying !!
I can see that there is great support for "noobies".
Looking forward to speaking to you guys when I need some advice.
Take care.

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
I'm a noob myself, but I found I didn't understand a few things so I did the research and tried to put as much info in one place as possible. But thanks for the compliment makes it worth the time I spent making it. :)