• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hi all, i'm here but (kind of) wish I wasn't LOL

Scorned16610

Do not accept unsolicited offers
22/8/20
What brings me here is the theft of my genuine kermit :( It was a gift and i'd never spend the kind of money to replace it (plus it being ALOT cheaper direct from Rolex way back then)
Anyway, has anyone else been in this position? Will I find peace with a replica? I'm a woman and although I did love it, in all honestly I found it VERY bulky and uncomfortable on my wrist. It was a beauty though.
If I buy a rep i'll look at 36mm datejust.
RIP froggy.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Firstly, welcome. :)

Very sad to hear about your loss, I assume the watch had more sentimental value, than the monetary one (which isn't small, as you pointed out), which hurts even more...

If you found a 5 digit kermit bulky, then Im not inclined to recommend another one to be completely honest. I used to have one as well and it was one of the most comfortable watches I ever owned. But I do have 17,5cm wrist, which wont apply to you.

36 DJ is a good choice, some factories, like CF or VSF, do an excellent job on the finishing and overall quality, so you will probably be satisfied, as long as you don't go into it with a GEN expectation. Some are very very close, but you will always know. If you're ok with that, go for it.

You may also look at Daytonas (especially white face ones, as white slims the construction even more), they are 40mm, but they wear much smaller and there's a reason, this model is dubbed "the girlfriend watch".

Lastly - did you not have insurance on your watch? Or does your "normal" household & material insurance not cover it?

Last edited:

Scorned16610

22/8/20

Very sad to hear about your loss, I assume the watch had more sentimental value, than the monetary one (which isn't small, as you pointed out), which hurts even more...

If you found a 5 digit kermit bulky, then Im not inclined to recommend another one to be completely honest. I used to have one as well and it was one of the most comfortable watches I even owned. But I do have 17,5cm wrist, which wont apply to you.

36 DJ is a good choice, some factories, like CF or VSF, do an excellent job on the finishing and overall quality, so you will probably be satisfied, as long as you don't go into it with a GEN expectation. Some are very very close, but you will always know. If you're ok with that, go for it.

You may also look at Daytonas (especially white face ones, as white slims the construction even more), they are 40mm, but they wear much smaller and there's a reason, this model is dubbed "the girlfriend watch".

Lastly - did you not have insurance on your watch? Or does your "normal" household & material insurance not cover it?
Thank you for the response.
I like jewelry that I can barely feel on me and can be a "daily" wear so nothing is lying around to get lost (or stolen) I felt the crown would batter off my hand but I probably wasnt wearing it tight enough-which would then again make it more uncomfortable.

It's an interesting thought but I actually didn't feel that watch closure was the most secure. I'm sure once or twice I caught the clip closure part open??? It was probably just a matter of time, wasn't meant to be! The lucky painter got to it first.

It wasn't insured, I was stupid...we lived in Bahrain before where it's not really a thing to insure goods, and if something gets stolen it gets dealt with, swiftly-unlike Italy. NOW I have everything insured ;) And if I cant wear it on me I dont want it.
A safe, or "drawer" is just like honey to the bees here.

I'm sorry for my ignorance but can you tell me what is CF and VSF? Is this sellers websites? Do you have a link?
Thanks again!

Reactions: Procurator

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
I see, understand. :)

Well, some like it tight, some like it loose, I myself am the former. I cannot stand a watch flying up and down my wrist. It has 1 position and 1 position only.
You mean the safety clasp over the big clasp got pulled open? yeah that's pretty normal on 5 digits. Its just stamped metal, so the tolerances are not great over time and it pays to check it periodically for tightness and in case of need just squeeze the ends inwards a little bit, so its a more solid "click" to the clasp again.

Yeah, in Bahrain you can leave your car running while you go shopping and it will be there when you come out. (actually happened) Different world.

CF is Clean factory (the F in most factory names just means Factory)
VSF is VS factory
there are lots of factories that produce lots of stuff, these are just currently the best for DJ's, Daytonas (arguably BTF is coming strong) and other sports models from RLX.

Trusted dealers have their own section on the forum. I recommend you read up on each, take a look at their sites (if they have them) and read the reviews from other members.
Then just pick a watch you like, pick a TD you like and off you go. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Scorned16610

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Hi and welcome to RWI!
A shame what happened to you, sorry about it.
@Procurator already gave some good advice, those are beautiful watches. I'd just add a classic OP to the list, can't do much wrong with an Oyster Perpetual, and they look gorgeous on a leather strap, too.
Meanwhile, please take some time to read the sticky threads in the NEw Members area, there's a lot of useful information and the rules we follow here in RWI. If you have any further questions, let @eBoy or me know, we'll be happy to help.

CF and VSF are factories. There are several factories, each specializes in some models and has some characteristic qualities (or lack thereof) that distinguishes from the next one. You'll find the factory listed as CF, VSF, ARF etc. in the Trusted Delaer's websites. BTW, use just RWI's TDs. Well, Procurator just beat me. As said, you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
Enjoy the forum!
Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
@Scorned16610 very sorry to hear about the loss of your Kermit. :(

Apologies that everyone is talking in acronyms and jargon - generally those on the forum are used to shortened versions of names.

DJ = Rolex DateJust. The 36mm diameter DateJust (DJ 36) is a good choice for those who prefer a slightly smaller watch. It has a date window with a magnifying lens (cyclops) like your Kermit had.

OP = Rolex Oyster Perpetual. This is very similar to the DJ, but doesn’t have a date window.

Reactions: Scorned16610

Scorned16610

22/8/20

If you found a 5 digit kermit bulky, then Im not inclined to recommend another one to be completely honest. I used to have one as well and it was one of the most comfortable watches I ever owned. But I do have 17,5cm wrist, which wont apply to you.

Ive spotted a DJ on here by seller “rankiba”
But I noticed many sellers request Paypal FF even when its not recommended here.

Whats your thoughts on the this rep, if you dont mind me asking 🥰 Is it one of the better ones?
Do you get away with wearing the best quality replicas and folk not knowing any better (when its not removed from the wrist and given to them to scrutinize)

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Do you mean this sale?
I don't care for it. GMF isn't the best and I don't like VR clone movements, in comparison with VS, they are inferior, the bezel isn't quite right and I don't like black dial DJ's.

That said, it is highly individual, so your tolerances or preferences may vary.

As for the "getting away" stuff.
I don't really care what other ppl think. I come from gen world, so I do have a lot of contacts and friends in that scene, but my desire to have near perfect replicas does not come from the desire to pass them off as gen watches to that crowd.
It comes from my OCD and the "training" over the years within the gen world. It is just my personal taste and preference, that's why I custom build or franken all of them, unless they are NWBIG (not worth buying in gen) OOTB (out of the box).

Last edited: