• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hey everyone - where to get cheap but good Rolex Submariner Replicas?

wiegetz

Horology Curious
8/9/22
Hey everyone, I'm a 23y/o University student but have wanted to get a cheap replica for quite some time. The quality doesn't have to be great - just good enough. What are my options for the ~200-300€ price range? If any?

DayDateUser

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/1/22
Hey everyone, I'm a 23y/o University student but have wanted to get a cheap replica for quite some time. The quality doesn't have to be great - just good enough. What are my options for the ~200-300€ price range? If any?
Hey definitely check out the trusted dealers tab on the forum. Best of luck!

Reactions: g00n

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Welcome aboard Sir,

Have you narrowed it down to the model(s) you like? Thats the first step tbh.

Then you can start looking at options :)

Reactions: g00n and wiegetz

wiegetz

Horology Curious
8/9/22
Welcome aboard Sir,

Have you narrowed it down to the model(s) you like? Thats the first step tbh.

Then you can start looking at options :)
Thank you! Yes I did. I want to get a Submariner Replica. Preferably from a Dealer with 2 years of Warranty? Only hontwatch offers that?

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
There are many submariner models, so I assume you mean the most common black one with a dat, I.e. 116610LN or 126610LN?
Probably others but they're the ones that spring to mind.

Warranty was news to me, so had a quick look, as I wasnt aware of any dealer offering such, so surprised to see the below (every day is a learning day)

Point 5

Genuinely curious what it includes/excludes.

Last edited:
Reactions: wiegetz

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Mhhhh... even if it is more than others offer (exclusions to be confirmed! what about shipping costs?), you'd have the ordeal of shipment to and delivery back from China. That can take a very, very long time and heightens the risks of seizure or loss. Unless obviously there's an amicable settlement from their side to carry repair costs from an RWI modder? Doubtful... Sounds more like a marketing trick to enhance attractivity.

Geonor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
I think Trusty sells the old Noob V8 Sub for around 250 bucks. It has an ETA clone movement and it's not VSF level but it's still decent enough for a beater.

zniLZo.jpg

Last edited:

wiegetz

Horology Curious
8/9/22
So, I did make some research. What about these replicas from these resellers? Should these be durable? Also what about those 1:1 replicas? Are they better then others?

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Actually, nobody has the final answers but you, this is why research is so important, ultimately it is your decision on something that will always have flaws you can live with. There's a couple of parameters to look after, looking at what you just posted. First of all, factory. I would call BP a mid-tier factory, enough quality for the money usually, but I have no clue what they deliver in terms of Submariners. I have a couple BPs myself and are happy with those, if your quality requirements are not that high (meaning closeness to gen in all minimal aspects) then BP should be fine, in general. Then you are opting for the blue dial, you should research if the color is ok. "Good enough" requirements doesn't necessarily mean you'll be happy with a complete off blue, does it? In any case, you should do some research or ask more specific questions, it may very well be that an "old" Noob as suggested by @Geonor is better than a newer BP or other factory.
Gold, plating quality. That may be a risky thing, different "treatments" or quality will age differently. There's people happy with their gold plated watches also after some time, others complained about fading or even chipping.
Finally movement, ETA clones are in my opinion ok for your requirements, with the advantage of being a simple swap with either a chaep Ali-express replacement or a higher quality ETA or Sellita, should the built in movement crap out sometime later.
Good news is, you're already on the right path, selecting some models to study. Next step, roam for threads talking about them. I can advise of using Google and add "...site:forum.replica-watch.info" to your research (say, "Submariner blue BP" or similar). And even if you don't find specific BP threads, other threads may mention this or that different model and you may be able to form your own opinion.
My suggestion, narrow your list down to 3 models and then ask about your concerns on RWI.
Or, you may be lucky enough for someone with first-hand experience to chime in here.
I wish you good luck.

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
party GIF

Rolex only or are you open to other brands?

rolley

9/9/16
CT
If you are willing to spend little more I would go with JTime. I got a 114060 Clean factory and its tops.

mrtwelvetwelve

15/4/22
Cheap ≠ good... I think the lowest I would go for is Clean. It seems like they fixed their milky gasket issue and crystal is decent compared to VSF. It does have VR movement through which is.. decent.