• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Heres My Omega Po Getting A True Ocean Test, Lol

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
this is one right before i got really ill i was working on to make close as perfect to the genuine, i actually went to a reeds jewelry shop that had everyone of these in stock and did a comparison, i can now say this baby is at least 98% close to genuine , the sales rep of omega happen to be in the store and i acted like i was thinking about buying the bigger one , so i took mine off to try it on and i also wanted to see the new ones , and talk about nervous he all of a sudden grabbed it and starting polishing it for me and telling me how he was thinking of getting a orange one like mine , i was about to have a panic attack right then and there and he simply handed it back to me and said dont u think those hour markers glow better on these than the old seamaster, and then and there that told me it passed cause he did check out the glow on mine, luckily i relumed it or he would have said something cause he was checking it out pretty hard, however i never saw him look at the back of the watch , i guess the front passed good enough lol

anyway here she is swimming in the ocean and smiling at me , this one came from trustywatchguy and what i did was take the markers off the old chinese dial which had the better font and put the markers from the bad new dial and switched them , then i raised the logo just a hair to be in better position and i relumed it and i tightened my bezel to feel really smooth and snug and reglued my insert down because they come with on tape holding them down , i also polished out and rebrushed the case/bracelet to be more like the genuine, also i polished out the bezel prongs to smoothe them out, i waterproofed it and this is what i came up with , enjoy!!!

DuDro

3/8/06
Carolina beach?

The color of the water and sand remind of the beaches from back home, Charleston...

gerco

Known Member
8/8/06
Very very nice, also the pics are great !!!!

Her's my PO also from Andrew in standard look....

8aug2006026.jpg

Gerco

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
those r actuallly myrtle beach beaches which is in the same state as charleston so they r probably the same, i actually live in north carolina and we have about the same beaches as well, i bet u miss them dont u? lol

gerco

Known Member
8/8/06
After seeing your nice polished oranged watch, RJB

I'm realising that I'm hooked on the combination orange and polished....I'm stealthy looking at the po chrono or the po 45 mm....

that makes three in my collection. This is the other orange :
8aug2006027.jpg

or.....maybe a doxa.........

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
yeah i love the orange , it is truly a piece that stands out but not too much, i am still hunting for a worth 45 mm but i m really satisfied with my 42.5mm it is plenty big enough and probably get more wrist time than the goliath one lol thank u for your comments

also the guy asked what i did , read my post and it tells u ok,

joe

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
Get a real a/r coating on that thing and even the die hard omega enthusiest will have second thoughts calling that out.

madSub

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/4/06
It looks to me that the 3rd gen dial is not beveled at the date window... that is a dead giveaway to me...

gerco

Known Member
8/8/06
madSub said:
It looks to me that the 3rd gen dial is not beveled at the date window... that is a dead giveaway to me...

Yep, but I don't care. Only someone with a master degree in omega's would make the recognition.

Normal people say: what a nice watch....oh it's an omega. That's a very nice watch........

Gerco :D

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
im just telling u the omega representative didnt spot it being a fake so im pretty proud, its about as close to the real thing u will ever get imho, for the ones that dont know me go read around and u will see im a very nick picky guy and it has to be almost perfect to be worn by me, thanks for your comments , keep em coming i have missed this stuff

joe