• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help with QC for 42mm PO

SSN

Horology Curious
16/7/10
Got a QC pic from Trevor for a 42mm PO (supposed v5.5?). Anyway, I'm not too sharp with Omegas - looks like the pearl is a bit high compared to the pic he has on his thread. Any other thoughts/concerns appreciated. Thanks for the help.

RolexPresident

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/7/09
not sure on this particular model but I know on others even from the same factory, consistent placement can be off. Unfortunately, this all comes with the territory.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Don't know about this one, (haven't they sorted out the problems they had recently with He/crowns etc yet?) .....anyway the He seems to look ok, judging by the angle the pic is taken..it is supposed to be above the 50.

On the other hand the crown is not right, too narrow in height and domed, also the pearl just looks weird as does the logo. And the six o clock marker looks crooked.

Other than that it looks ok :D ....sorry to be the bringer on bad news but I wouldn't accept that, there's much better QC'd versions about, worth trying him to get you a better one!

forrestwhite

Known Member
1/10/09
Don't know about this one, (haven't they sorted out the problems they had recently with He/crowns etc yet?) .....anyway the He seems to look ok, judging by the angle the pic is taken..it is supposed to be above the 50.

On the other hand the crown is not right, too narrow in height and domed, also the pearl just looks weird as does the logo. And the six o clock marker looks crooked.

Other than that it looks ok :D ....sorry to be the bringer on bad news but I wouldn't accept that, there's much better QC'd versions about, worth trying him to get you a better one!

I agree, particularly with regards to the 6 o'clock marker and the pearl. The metal around the pearl looks too thick or something..

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
Yes.....decline. As per the above, the pearl does look dodgy and the marker at six looks off.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Yeah, that marker at 6 is rotated clockwise a bit...just enough to notice.

SSN

Horology Curious
16/7/10
Thought I had posted a reply....took a second look and agree that the 6 marker is also a bit off. Trevor working on a replacement. Thanks for taking a look guys. Appreciate the help. Replacement QC pics coming....

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
That looks like the 45 dollar 21j version. Let us know what he finds.

SSN

Horology Curious
16/7/10
Updated QC pics

Here are updated pics from Trevor - says I can pick whichever one I want. By the way, this is supposed to be the 1:1 "ultimate v5.5 version" not the $45 21J. Let me know if you think I'm getting short-changed...

#1 looks like the original - the crown around the pearl looks thick and high for my taste.
#2 looks a little funny with the tickmarkers, the 6 o'clock still looks a bit off to me.
#3 looks a little better overall but the lume seems to have this weird green tint to it, rather than a whiter tint that is apparent when these are side by side.
#4 looks OK, but not sure if the pearl is off-center

Any of you have other thoughts or see things I'm missing? You guys have been fantastic help so far.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
The Helium valve is too low. For me that is a no go. But if you have to have one, pick the one you can live with.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
The Helium valve is too low. For me that is a no go. But if you have to have one, pick the one you can live with.

+1

I wonder why they lowered the HEV? Maybe they are getting ready for the CrPO! :lol:

federicoandco

Known Member
13/6/11
Hi,

What have you found for solution?

I too would like to order this model. What do you advise me?

Rockrover

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/9/11
Hi,

What have you found for solution?

I too would like to order this model. What do you advise me?

I would advise combing all trusted dealers for the latest version. Seems the dealers have run out of V5's and are pushing old stock.

Either that or wait for the Liquid Metal version that should be coming any day/week now. Of course the first version will be a long way from perfect...But one can always hope!

Rockrover

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/9/11
I'm a UPO guy (45.5) but looks like the He valve is off. Check with the other TD's...Looks like the 42mm 2824-2 might be an elusive find these days.

SSN

Horology Curious
16/7/10
Is interesting because I assumed they used the same caseback, however when you look back, the Orange bezel 42mm PO and the black with orange number models look to have the correct He valve placement (at least on sample photos by the same dealer). Then the version with all white numbers comes out a few weeks later and the He valve is low.

I'm trying to see if I can get a properly positioned orange PO, since I actually know that this dealer had them at one point, but old/new stock of watches may be mixing.

SSN

Horology Curious
16/7/10
Just a follow up - Trevor was able to source a good watch that fit the description better than the other version. He was very patient and exchanged probably 30 emails with me until we figured it out. I got this approximately 10 days after the last post.

I highly recommend Trevor - while you do have to know your watch and what you're looking for (with help from your friends here) - he was very good about helping me get the right watch. This was my first purchase from him so far.