• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help with QC amplitude

Alic4t

Looking Around
21/3/24
I’ve just bought my first replica and QC pics came in today and all looks good. My only concern is the amplitude which reads at 328 degrees…. Would you still accept?
All other readouts seem good from my research and limited knowledge

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
I'd accept it.

328 is high, but nothing to worry about. The movements in reps are typically dry and dirty. I'm talking dirt, dead skin, hair, etc.

Also, the watch was probably fully wound and only tested in one position. It's never a bad idea to have a watch serviced if you plan on keeping it.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I’ve just bought my first replica and QC pics came in today and all looks good. My only concern is the amplitude which reads at 328 degrees…. Would you still accept?
All other readouts seem good from my research and limited knowledge
Here you go mate:)

And i would NOT say that every rep movement is dry and dirty. Not 10/10 but there are eta and peacocks / shanghais that are doing quite well IMO

Alic4t

Looking Around
21/3/24
Okay thanks for your advice. I wonder how much a typical service costs.. I’ll do some research. This has been a real eye opener getting my first rep. So much to learn and understand

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
You won't know the true performance of the watch till it arrives. You will need to give it a good complete wind, and wear it. That's when you get the true numbers.

Reactions: KushBandit

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
Okay thanks for your advice. I wonder how much a typical service costs.. I’ll do some research. This has been a real eye opener getting my first rep. So much to learn and understand
I'm betting it will cost you a few hundred but certainly nowhere near the $700 I paid to overhaul my gen Cartier

Alic4t

Looking Around
21/3/24
Here you go mate:)

And i would NOT say that every rep movement is dry and dirty. Not 10/10 but there are eta and peacocks / shanghais that are doing quite well IMO
Okay thanks mate 👍

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Okay wow quite a bit more than I had spare atm…. Hmm will need a think on this
There's also the alternative, wear it until it breaks (more than likely it won't) and get a replacement movement from aliexpress for 50-100 and pay a watch shop to swap it in and while at it then have them look at it and service it if needed. Firm believer of if it ain't broke don't fix it. I've had some that ran a little rough but still run well with regular wear after 10 yrs and others that had "good numbers" at least on QC pics crap out in less than a week. And that only happened maybe 5 times out of 100 so not bad.