• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

help with ocean planet

maps

Looking Around
10/2/09
can anyone help me with a repair on a 42mm ocean planet, the strap let go and it hit the road, the bezel has dents and marks on it, and the glass is chipped and scratched bad :cry: any help would be great
IMG_2392.jpg

not sure where it was from, i was just told it was a swiss made rep, and is automatic

cheers mark

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Where are you located. It looks like a pretty good rep and you need a watch repair guy to change the bezel and crystal and polish out the case as much as possible.

maps

Looking Around
10/2/09
hi im in southern england, dont mind sending off to someone, would be nice to have a curved bracelet aswell

cheers mark

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Sorry, I was going to give you Rex's e-mail but as of last week he no longer does work outside US.

I do have a nice curved bracelet from a Narikaa 42mm PO that I could ship you for $40 delivered if you're interested. PM me if you are.

maps

Looking Around
10/2/09
thanks if i can it repaired or get the parts, i'll pm you, would be a shame if i cant get it done

mark

D

d4m.test

OK, Im going to play devils advocate here for a moment. I have been in your position many times before and had to weigh the options or REPAIR V REPLACE.
This watch appears to me to be the Asian 21j version of the PO. Unless Im mistaken, these can be had for around $125.
You are wanting to replace the bracelet (already offered at $40), you need a new crystal (probably gasket too), bezel insert, and polishing...
By the time you are done, you will have nearly spent what you could get a UPO for.
Might I suggest you either part this one out or keep it and order an entirely new watch.
Hope this doesnt squash your hopes, and if I am mistaken about the ID on the watch... I am sorry.
But I would hate to see you spend the money to fix it when you could replace it with a better version for the same price!
T

maps

Looking Around
10/2/09
CBR i agree totally, just thought it would be worth a post to see what it might cost to put right, i've been looking for a PO crono but with the correct spacings

mark