• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help with my Omega Planet Ocean?

Big Tav

Horology Curious
18/4/09
Hi everyone,. I have an Omega Planet Ocean Chrono (model 816880298) which is an amazing replica which I have had for a year or so. It has a slight problem though, the pin that you screw and pull out to set the time it won't screw back in properly. The watch works perfectly other than that. Is there anyone out there that could fix this for a reasonable price? Any idea what it would cost and who I should send it to and get it put right? I want them to be totally trust worthy so I get it back if I send it away. I asked a watchmaker in Edinburgh and he flat out refused to touch it as apparently I was encouraging child labour buy buying one!

I am in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Cheers.

TheCold

15/8/09
Your problem is very common, happened to me as well.. Its probably the crown threads that have stripped down. Your best bet IMO is to buy the gen crown and tube doesn't cost too much and you can buy it from the UK from cousins uk. I think R2D4 has a complete set of the item numbers used on cousins for the UPO 42mm

Big Tav

Horology Curious
18/4/09
Is there someone out there that everyone trusts to fix this for me? I want to start wearing this lovely watch again.

TheCold

15/8/09
Since you are located in EU I would suggest that you send the watch + parts you want modded to fine dd very highly recommended among the users and my UPO is currently in the hands of him! :D

Rockrover

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/9/11
Why not just say the name of the dealer and give the OP the link/e-mail addy, etc.? Why make this a puzzle?

To the OP...Check the main page and look for "Watchmakers and Horologists." There you will trusted service and mods. Pick the guy in the UK and you'll be set!

Big Tav

Horology Curious
18/4/09
Cheers Rockrover, I will take a look. I was hoping someone had good experience with this exact watch and would recommend someone but I will see what I can come up with.

TheCold

15/8/09
If the UPO chrono has the same crown as the UPO 45.5mm (which I presume it has, but to be sure this should be confirmed by someone else as well!) this is what you need:

head over to www.counsinsuk.com

and you need these items to fix the issue you are addressing.

crown, search for this item number: 069 ST 42184
tube, search for this item number: 090 ST 1232

When you receive all the items I would recommend sending them to a local watch smith in UK(found on this forum) or to fine dd in germany. Hope this info helped!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Why not just say the name of the dealer and give the OP the link/e-mail addy, etc.? Why make this a puzzle?
Did we get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? The guy was just being helpful after all. I notice you did not bother supplying any links/email addys.

To the OP...Check the main page and look for "Watchmakers and Horologists." There you will trusted service and mods. Pick the guy in the UK and you'll be set!
Um, there is no UK guy, why make this harder by spreading false info?

OP: I would suggest Wiz to fix it mate. Being in France he's nice and close. Nothing wrong with finedd, he just tends to take a bit longer.
Wiz: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/forumdisplay.php/www-le-wiz-watch-workshop-295

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
Gotta love the PO.... Sorry to hear of your woes.

Have you considered a new V5 for well under $200 brand new. Great rep too.

PM me if you'd like details on this option :)