• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HELP!!! With Genuine Crystal Install

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Some of you may know that I recently purchased a genuine Omega crystal in hopes that it would be a direct replacement for the CrPO. I spoke with Sunnydale and he said that his ARed crystals and a genuine crystal was the same size. Since he had already installed one of his crystals in the new CrPO I figured it would be a direct replacement.

I found R2D4s excellent thread about franken Omegas, it is here if you didnt know about it. http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/r2d4s-45-5-23705 looked it over for a while and found what I was looking for which was part number # 062 SB 3063. I went to Oferi and ordered this part number.

Upon receiving the crystal I shipped it along with my watch to G at 16610 watch repair for him to install the crystal and do some other procedures like waterproof and regulate the movement. I recieved an email from him yesterday saying that the crystal was too big. It measured out to a whopping 36.5 mm! A genuine Omega 45.5 should be around 32.5 I think.

My question to you guys is did I order the correct crystal for my watch? I mean it is possible that the crystal could have been packaged wrong.

Please anybody that has ordered a genuine Omega crystal for the 45.5 mm Planet Ocean let me know if this was the same part number that you ordered. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Here are some pictures to show how big the crystal is.

Thanks Dave and :cheers:

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
The serial number is correct. The dimension though isn't right. Gen crystal is around 32.5mm in diameter as you say, i just measured mine.

So something else is going here. Did you check that you received the correct crystal?

edit: I just show the pics, that's really weird!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
The serial number is correct. The dimension though isn't right. Gen crystal is around 32.5mm in diameter as you say, i just measured mine.

So something else is going here. Did you check that you received the correct crystal?

So just we are all on the same page. Paps 45.5 (sunndale) PO crystal measures 32.5, did I read that right? And Dave ordered the correct crystal for a Gen Aluminum bezel 45.5 PO? All for his 45.5CrPO?

Something doesn't add up, or the something doesn't add up. lol

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Nop, 32.5mm is for the 45mm UPO. Dave ordred the gen crystal and instead of 32.5mm it measures 36.5mm

Dave are you 100% sure that that's the situation? I mean thats the 45.5mm watch you got there, not the 42mm one?

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
I paid for the 45mm watch I know that and it had the Liquidmetal on the case back, but I do not have the watch here to measure it.

I forgot G measured the replica crystal and says that it measured approx. 32.5mm so I guess it is a 45.5mm

Thanks guys for the help.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
LOL, so you know the 42 crystal is even smaller. ;) Like 30.57

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
The crystal is heading back to me and I'm going to try and exchange the crystal for the correct one.

I do have the correct part # don't I 062 SB 3063.

clevelandy

Known Member
4/3/13
What was the cost of the crystal? How does that compare to the sunnydale?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
The crystal is heading back to me and I'm going to try and exchange the crystal for the correct one.

I do have the correct part # don't I 062 SB 3063.

Holy sheet Dave, yeah its correct for the aluminum bezel model. Lol who knows on the ceramic. Maybe G can find the case number and then Bob Frei can help, otherwise your screwed. Not screwed persay, but you'll need to flip it. Once you open it, it's not returnable.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Holy sheet Dave, yeah its correct for the aluminum bezel model. Lol who knows on the ceramic. Maybe G can find the case number and then Bob Frei can help, otherwise your screwed. Not screwed persay, but you'll need to flip it. Once you open it, it's not returnable.

So you are saying that I can not return the crystal since it has been opened? I was afraid of that, but I figured since the crystal is the wrong one all together they should do something about it right?

I mean I know it is for a replica watch, but even if it was for a genuine Omega 45.5 Planet Ocean it still would not fit because it is 36.5mm and a genuine crystal is supposed to be 32.5.

I will contact Otto Frei and see what they have to say. I hope that I can return it since evidently the crystal is the wrong size for the package.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
So you are saying that I can not return the crystal since it has been opened? I was afraid of that, but I figured since the crystal is the wrong one all together they should do something about it right?

I mean I know it is for a replica watch, but even if it was for a genuine Omega 45.5 Planet Ocean it still would not fit because it is 36.5mm and a genuine crystal is supposed to be 32.5.

I will contact Otto Frei and see what they have to say. I hope that I can return it since evidently the crystal is the wrong size for the package.

OK, that is weird, I guess I didn't understand that part because I don't have the 45.5. Do contact and update us please.

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
OK, that is weird, I guess I didn't understand that part because I don't have the 45.5. Do contact and update us please.

Will do. Hopefully everything turns out good.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
32.5 mm crystal is the correct size for old UPO and for new Ceramic PO too. I installed UPO crystal into my Cr PO 45.5 mm.

+36 mm crystal is just not correct size and this shoulf be Ofreis fault.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
So let me get this straight, a 32.5mm crystal (same as the rep 42mm crPO) will fit the rep CrPO 45.5mm?

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
So let me get this straight, a 32.5mm crystal (same as the rep 42mm crPO) will fit the rep CrPO 45.5mm?

No, 42 mm PO and 42 mm Cr PO have around 30.5 mm crystal diameter (I am not completely sure about Cr PO size but should be the same).

45.5 mm PO and 45.5 mm Cr PO have 32.5 mm crystal diameter.

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Update: Just talked to Bob Frei at Otto Frei and he said to just return the crystal with the supplied paper work and he would gladly exchange it for me. He also said " We hope that Omega has realized that they made a mistake and have corrected it by now.

Hopefully, there is not a bunch of these crystals floating around and it was just small mistake.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Well played, at least you saved your money...

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Very nice of Bob. Sometimes he is a really nice guy. ;)