• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help with Bond Seamaster

bbd

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/7/09
I picked up this watch last summer and it has been good until a few months ago when it started getting hazy under the crystal and the clasp spring broke (d'oh).

Also, the band isn't as correct as I would like it to be, too square looking, as well as the pearl has fallen out.

Any advice would be appreciated.

And yes, I'm a noob to modding replicas. :p

Any help on deciphering acronyms around here would be good too.

Pics of the item in question-

dsc07531l.jpg

dsc07532.jpg

dsc07535a.jpg

dsc07533.jpg

dsc07534m.jpg

dsc07536y.jpg

dsc07539.jpg

dsc07537.jpg

dsc07541h.jpg

D

d4m.test

My suggestion would be to contact Fakey and see what he has available. It will cost you more to start replacing parts and cleaning that up than it will to buy a new one from him.
There are several people who will suggest to go ahead and replace the bezel insert, have the movement serviced and source a new bracelet. But I wouldnt go through all the trouble.
Just my $.02
And welcome... I think... I saw your user name before it was changed for you... WOW...

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
I know that specific case and bracelet. You are right about your observations on it. Unfortunately the standard inserts you might find will not fit on it. Nor will any clasps due to the link spacing being so wide. In short it is model specific. The parts can be found. But this is not one of your better reps. Plus you already may have some moisture damage in there. So as CBR said by the time you got done replacing parts you'd be better off with a whole new watch.

bbd

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/7/09
fakemaster said:
I know that specific case and bracelet. You are right about your observations on it. Unfortunately the standard inserts you might find will not fit on it. Nor will any clasps due to the link spacing being so wide. In short it is model specific. The parts can be found. But this is not one of your better reps. Plus you already may have some moisture damage in there. So as CBR said by the time you got done replacing parts you'd be better off with a whole new watch.

Alright. Thanks for the info. PM sent.

I found a spring online that was from Otto Frei. Only $10.

However, the watch was very cheap to begin with.

The problem is I don't live in NYC where I picked this one up, so getting one would cost a lot more.

zuescotton

Known Member
6/7/09
how much to ship it to Jacksonville florida. Should be liek $4 if it's from the US. I'll take it if the price is right! I'm looking for a watch like this. Just something that works, I don't care about anything else.

Renowned Member
30/3/09
Execute the watch.... Execute the watch....
Take pics of execution and post here.
Then deal with the Master and get a superb time piece.
cheers