• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help with Asia 7751 Valjoux movement (on an Omega Speedmaste

ozzy_scl

Horology Curious
23/9/07
Hello everyone, I have a problem with this movement, on my Omega Speedmaster Daydate.
I bought the watch almost a year ago (I think either June or July). It has been perfomorming wuite well for all this time, It keeps goog time, and runs W/o problems.

The only thing happened overnight, this morning the watch was running, so I wind it a bit, and shook it gently to make it move... it did, but I noticed it kept loosing time. Anyways I fixed that, but the thing's the dial that shows the month's stock, between May and June (like halfway) at the time of writing is 10:15pm (I'm in the UK). and it hasn't move at all (it did a bit early this morning).

I'm kind of waiting to see tonight, when it changes the day, and hopefully It'll change the month...

Anyone knows what might be wrong with it?? (I know it may be a spring, or something wrong... but still)
Other thing, anyone knows a rep friendly watch smith In London??
Thank you guys,

Pablo.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
I don't know the answer to your question, but I did notice that you joined RWI in September 2007 and this is your first post? Goodness, you believe in easing yourself in the water, don't you? :D

Welcome and I'm glad you've come out of the closet (that is, the posting closet).

D

d4m.test

Try manually adjusting it through the cycle once or twice. Occasionally these will get a little hung up, but it can be fixed by adjusting it manually and not relying on the natural cycle of the watch.
Its fairly common also that 2836-2's will not cycle the date completely on occasion. The same manual cycling typically fixes this also. I even read a thread on The Rolex Forum the other day about a member who had a genuine Submariner that had this issue. He was also told to manually cycle it through 2 months of date changes... It fixed the issue.
T

ozzy_scl

Horology Curious
23/9/07
CARLSBADROLEX said:
Try manually adjusting it through the cycle once or twice. Occasionally these will get a little hung up, but it can be fixed by adjusting it manually and not relying on the natural cycle of the watch.
Its fairly common also that 2836-2's will not cycle the date completely on occasion. The same manual cycling typically fixes this also. I even read a thread on The Rolex Forum the other day about a member who had a genuine Submariner that had this issue. He was also told to manually cycle it through 2 months of date changes... It fixed the issue.
T

Thanks! I'll try that. and I'll let you know if it worked or not.

ozzy_scl

Horology Curious
23/9/07
ahw676 said:
I don't know the answer to your question, but I did notice that you joined RWI in September 2007 and this is your first post? Goodness, you believe in easing yourself in the water, don't you? :D

Welcome and I'm glad you've come out of the closet (that is, the posting closet).

hehe, nice one mate... actually I had another account, but I can't remember it, neither the email I use to register that.
and It has been a while since I use this acc.
On the other hand, I'm very watch illiterate (sort of speak). That's why I might not contribute a lot. (even thought I do keep and eye on the forum).
Thanks anyways for your reply.

PS: Now that I think about it... 2007 ?? is a bit weird, since I joined the group, last year when I bought the watch.

ozzy_scl

Horology Curious
23/9/07
I think I'll need someone to take a look at it.
Doing the manual cycle did the trick a bit, I just noticed that every time it reach the end of the month (either 30th or 31st) the dial gets a bit stock, and is hard to move.
I think a gear or something's the problem.

Anyone knows a rep friendly service in London??