• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help: Royal Oak Offshore Diver Chronograph Yellow

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
There is no superrep of this time piece (or of any other AP in my opinion). The term "super rep", along with its variances, are subjective.
If you like it, buy it. Why do you need a consensus for? The model you linked is not a chronograph model, and it is orange, so I am also a little confused here.
If you have specific concerns, then let us know what it is, so we can help you more meaningfully. Thank you.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Heyy Legend great to see that u replied been skimming through the forum allot these first dew days and saw many rec for u... thenx for helping out... the link i sent was wrong wven though it was a yellow one
I keant to send this
https://puretimewatch.io/royal-oak-...llow-rubber-strap-a3126-v2-free-xs-strap.html

what in your opinion is some of the best superreps?

Well ok I will share my opinion with you on the watch you shared, but please remember this is my opinion. It is a nice rep, but of course, somewhat thicker than the gen (16mm vs 14.75mm)
I like the fact that there is no datewheel, and one less tell. If the watch can be thinned, it is wearable as a nice looking watch. There are variances in the dial color, the second counter ring around the dial, the hands, the number lume on the dive bezel etc, but this is to be expected of a replica. I do not know how reliable the sec@3 modified movement is, as I have not worked on one before. But definitely not a super rep by most counts.

Regarding AP "super reps", I have stated that I do not think there are any at all. IMHO you get the "very good" reps like the 15400 v5, the v9.5 diver, the XF FC diver etc, but even those are flawed and fall short of the proverbial super rep status. Some members here put in stupendous amount of time and effort to build AP frankens, and to me, those are the super reps of the AP replicas.
Depending on who you ask, you get different opinions. You have guys like QueTip and tosoboso and flying-tommy who are dedicated to taking AP reps to new and impressive levels, and you have guys like SHB who mostly thinks that I talk too much and who PMed me countless times to shut up already. :lol:

It is important that you understand your own boundaries and preferences and what you like, and what you accept in this hobby. The diver chrono you picked up isn't bad looking for a fun watch, but it is a little too thick on the wrist, but I do suspect that it can be modded to be more accurate visually vs the gen.
What we can provide are subjective opinions. SuperLory and I often disagree when it comes to AP reps and frankens but mostly we have not killed each other yet so that is a good thing. So take opinions here with a pinch of salt and balance your own views with the views of others.

So here am I telling you that there are no super reps in the hobby, and others will chime in to tell you otherwise. But each one of the members above will agree with me on one thing: buy what you like, and wear what makes you happy. I think that is the best advice anyone can give you in this hobby, especially with regard to AP reps.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Well ok I will share my opinion with you on the watch you shared, but please remember this is my opinion. It is a nice rep, but of course, somewhat thicker than the gen (16mm vs 14.75mm)
I like the fact that there is no datewheel, and one less tell. If the watch can be thinned, it is wearable as a nice looking watch. There are variances in the dial color, the second counter ring around the dial, the hands, the number lume on the dive bezel etc, but this is to be expected of a replica. I do not know how reliable the sec@3 modified movement is, as I have not worked on one before. But definitely not a super rep by most counts.

Regarding AP "super reps", I have stated that I do not think there are any at all. IMHO you get the "very good" reps like the 15400 v5, the v9.5 diver, the XF FC diver etc, but even those are flawed and fall short of the proverbial super rep status. Some members here put in stupendous amount of time and effort to build AP frankens, and to me, those are the super reps of the AP replicas.
Depending on who you ask, you get different opinions. You have guys like QueTip and tosoboso and flying-tommy who are dedicated to taking AP reps to new and impressive levels, and you have guys like SHB who mostly thinks that I talk too much and who PMed me countless times to shut up already. :lol:

It is important that you understand your own boundaries and preferences and what you like, and what you accept in this hobby. The diver chrono you picked up isn't bad looking for a fun watch, but it is a little too thick on the wrist, but I do suspect that it can be modded to be more accurate visually vs the gen.
What we can provide are subjective opinions. SuperLory and I often disagree when it comes to AP reps and frankens but mostly we have not killed each other yet so that is a good thing. So take opinions here with a pinch of salt and balance your own views with the views of others.

So here am I telling you that there are no super reps in the hobby, and others will chime in to tell you otherwise. But each one of the members above will agree with me on one thing: buy what you like, and wear what makes you happy. I think that is the best advice anyone can give you in this hobby, especially with regard to AP reps.

LOL

======

@OP like legend said, just buy what you like, even if it's not a super rep, just flex it freely, you don't want to walk into a AD with your rep? if not then you're good to go.

Reactions: Videoman22

Videoman22

Horology Curious
24/8/19

Man ur awsome. Very well said and some of the details i dident even know, visually especially on the back i have seen lots of of AP which i can see the difference but the 14.6 part i did not know... I think its gonna be to chunky i want smth that i can wear!

Balkanboy

Horology Curious
28/6/18
I have the noob diver chrono and the back glass fell out. Insane construction. Who would build the watch like this? Any hints for fixing this? Where can I get a rear glass that fits? Appreciate any inputs. Thanks!
58dcb11f5601b38754540936ef01c147.jpg
a5df044e000d192ddb308752ad89612e.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Cant you just push it back in the caseback?

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Balkanboy

Horology Curious
28/6/18
I wish I could Tompa. There is this small rubber ring which appears to have been around the glass. I could try the rough method with bathroom silicone I guess but the rotor is very tight and when I screw down the case back screws tight the rotor stops.

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Okey. Are you sure that the rubber ring is around the glas? And its not against the caseback then you put the glas on top of it? Verry strange.. maybe someone more experience can give you some tips

Balkanboy

Horology Curious
28/6/18
Okey. Are you sure that the rubber ring is around the glas? And its not against the caseback then you put the glas on top of it? Verry strange.. maybe someone more experience can give you some tips

I will take another look. All just fell out. I appreciate your inputs, thanks!