• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HELP OFF THE EXPERTS PLEASE

stilllooking

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/09
Please help, i know there is probably a post somewhere about this but i am impatient.

i have reciently recieved my first rep, a lovely omega po, 21j movement, worked brill all weekend, but for some reason now the time cant be adjusted, , any advice or will i have to send it back :( if i can :|

tenshin2002

3/1/09
stilllooking said:
Please help, i know there is probably a post somewhere about this but i am impatient.

i have reciently recieved my first rep, a lovely omega po, 21j movement, worked brill all weekend, but for some reason now the time cant be adjusted, , any advice or will i have to send it back :( if i can :|
Be more specifik. What do you mean by "the time cant be adjusted"?
We cant help if you cant explain...

stilllooking

12/4/09
i'll try, , the crown unscrews, then it pulls out (it doesnt feel like there are two positions for date an time as i think there should be/was)

then as you wind it clockwise (to adjust time) you can feel some slight resistance but the time doesn't adjust.

Ta

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
I'm sure you have done this already - but try to mess with it. Pull it in and out a couple times, set the date, etc... .

tenshin2002

3/1/09
Sounds like the clutch wheel doesnt engage the set wheel. Surely a clutch wheel/clutch lever problem.

stilllooking

12/4/09
i cant it to adjust date or time, i have also played (in and out) with it, i emailed seller and they said to turn it 30 time clockwise the 4 times anticlock wise and it will work, but didnt,

would it be worth taking back off (or getting someone else to), if its clutch wheel is it easily fixed or am i better off trying to get watch replaced

tenshin2002

3/1/09
Sounds like a serious problem with the movement. Maybe its a low quality stem that has worn down and just dont turn the clutch wheel. I wouldnt try to fix that if you have no watch reparing experience.

stilllooking

12/4/09
w/e have now said i can return the watch (still waiting on the address) but have said in origanol condition, , having had it sized, this would mean i have to pay for the links putting back in, , then have to pay again to have it sized, , ,

is this normal practice????

tenshin2002

3/1/09
stilllooking said:
w/e have now said i can return the watch (still waiting on the address) but have said in origanol condition, , having had it sized, this would mean i have to pay for the links putting back in, , then have to pay again to have it sized, , ,

is this normal practice????
Its really easy to rezise the bracelet. I leaned that recently. But if you dont want to do that, just send the watch as it is and the extra links.

stilllooking

12/4/09
just concerned about damges if i do it myself, as i've heard without the correct tools it is easly to damage the pins, dont want to buy the tool yet!!!

stilllooking

12/4/09
also, , would watch eden "accept" the links been loose with the watch???

just dont want to delay getting this sorted, , as it is holding up my next purchase

stilllooking

12/4/09
$10 sounds good, , what toll is it to swap straps, , any advice on what tools i should ourchase would be greatfully recieved as i fancy a rubber strap for my po (wen i get it sorted!!!

Exploder

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
stilllooking said:
$10 sounds good, , what toll is it to swap straps, , any advice on what tools i should ourchase would be greatfully recieved as i fancy a rubber strap for my po (wen i get it sorted!!!

Just search for "watch tools" and you'll find plenty. Here's a kit for you, 10USD incl shipping: http://cgi.ebay.com/16-WATCH-BAND-STRAP ... 0377721133
You also need a case back opening tool, like this (6 USD incl shipping): http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Watch-Back-Case ... 0321118633

After having received the goods you visit Fakeys corner and you will find tutorials for strap removal etc. And then you will be stuck in this hobby forever! :D

Xplodr