• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help: modifying a Rolex dial

nbeezy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/6/22
Hello RWI members,
i contemplate modifying/replacing the dial of a sub no date.
The objective would be to somehow get rid of/cover the Rolex branding on the dial. (maybe replacing the dial is an option too?)

I would highly appreciate some insights on what is the best approach to persue here. It wouldnt necessarily have to be a DIY soultion.

Thanks a lot!:)

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Wiping the lettering with alcohol can remove it, but results are usually not good. It can leave ghost outlines and worse. I would never attempt this on a dial that has value.

nbeezy

5/6/22
Wiping the lettering with alcohol can remove it, but results are usually not good. It can leave ghost outlines and worse. I would never attempt this on a dial that has value.
Thanks for your input!
We are talking about a rep watch ofcourse. Is there a relatively easy way to swap a non rolex dial into a watch like this (40mm no date)?
Or am i better off trying to modify the current dial?

raspan1123

Patron
Certified
1/2/17
you’re honestly probably better off looking for a dial without the prints on aliexpress

nbeezy

5/6/22
you’re honestly probably better off looking for a dial without the prints on aliexpress
As far as i know the movement in my watch is a replica of the 3130 Rolex kaliber. So i dont really know what specs need to be met for the dial to fit. I couldnt immediately find dials that are advertised to fit a 3130.

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
If you have kids then most likely they have really tiny stickers that you could put over it if you don't care about brands but don't mind thinking of your offspring every time you check the time.

nbeezy

5/6/22
If you have kids then most likely they have really tiny stickers that you could put over it if you don't care about brands but don't mind thinking of your offspring every time you check the time.
So i would have to get kids for that to work. Might be out of my budget im afraid.