• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help me out here please!

stix518

Known Member
14/12/06
Northeastern USA
I recently picked up a stunning red gold Omega Seamaster Co-Axial quartz movement with leather strap and deployant buckle from a member here. I absolutely love the watch but have been doing some research and apparently, this watch is a total fantasy vs. gen. The gen is an auto and has a display back among other issues. That being the case, why was this watch "repped" so incorrectly with such flagrant flaws?

Here's the link to the sale...

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/3-cheap-omega-161238

I'm not at all disappointed with the watch as it is a beautiful watch for what it is and I will wear it and enjoy it. What I am disappointed in is, as a rep, it's not even a rep - why?!

Stix

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
There are different grades I guess you could call it of reps. You get what you pay for basically, hence the price you paid. I would have thought in this much time being here you would know that just from all of the info on the site here, but if not at least you know now. Of course they are not going to be as accurate to the gen when they sell brand new for only $100 bucks or so. The more expensive reps of the same model will be more accurate. Some people can only afford the lower ones and that's fine. They still work great and look good. I have a cheapie and I love it.

PAMily

Known Member
12/10/13
It is a beautiful watch, and for the price you paid, it is really worth it. Nobody will stare at your watch to check whether the second hand tick or sweep.

One more thing, there's no such thing as 'quartz co-axial'. You should check it before pull the trigger.

stix518

Known Member
14/12/06
Northeastern USA
Yeah, the purchase was definitely bought with my eyes. I really liked the look of this watch and I pulled the trigger well before researching. That being said, I do really like this watch and have worn it several times since purchasing last week. I will continue to enjoy it even though I know it is a fantasy of a gen - a very expensive gen to be exact!

Stix