• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help me decide...

asdf

Looking Around
20/4/12
So I'm about to pick up my first rep from Trevor and I just need to make the decision on the size and the color of the numbers... I want to hear some opinions from you guys who already own the UPO and the 42mm PO.

I'm leaning a little more towards the orange numbers although in a couple of the pictures I've seen the orange looks really glossy where as the gen looks like an orange mat or satin finish... Is it just the pictures or is there a difference in the finish from the gen.

Also the size... I'm thinking the 42mm will fit my wrist best which is about 7.25" I'm afraid of the 45.5 looking a little too big still with my sized wrist.

From what I've read the asian eta is worth the $50 upgrade from the 4813 would most of you agree?

I'm not really looking to mod the watch, just have a really nice quality rep.

ninja

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/12/10
i bought an orange 42 and am now selling it to get an orange 45 and i've got 6.5" wrists, get the 45 in orange, it's meant to be flashy!

Niko

Renowned Member
25/7/06
Get the 45 UPO. I have a 7.5" wrist, and it wears well.

N.

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
Well, I'll disagree with the others. I have nearly 8 inch wrists and I thought the 45mm PO was just too big. I really believe that if the PO was only made in 42mm then everyone would say that it's the perfect size. :)

Regarding the asian clone, I would definitely pay the extra for that.

davosa

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/4/12
go for 42mm!trust me!the 45mm its so big and heavy!and yes asia clone its perfect movement-no 4813-stay away!

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
I've got a 7.25", and the 45 that I had didn't wear too big. A lot of presence. But, I think this is a matter of preference. For reference, I also like PAMs - so I'm comfortable with watches 44mm and up. May not be the same for you or others, of course.

My only beef with the UPO was the weight, if you're gonna have it on a bracelet.

asdf

Looking Around
20/4/12
So I pulled the trigger on the 42mm with the orange numbers and the black bezel...

After spending some serious time with a pair of calipers and my wrist I decided to the 45.5 was just too big. I'm not looking to have that much attention on my wrist.

I'm still a little back and forth on wether or not I should of gone with the white numbers but in the end if I would of gone with the white I'd be feeling the same about the orange numbers lol.

Guess if I fall in love with the rep a I can always pick up another one with white numbers too...

Thanks for your advice guys! Without this forum and all it's condensed knowledge I would of ended up with a crappy Canal St. knock off for $250!

dholliday

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/8/11
I bought a gen 45 a few months ago, and it was just too big, sold it maybe a month ago for a loss but i was really not feeling it, Now I'm just looking for a simple 42mm good quality rep with a nice movement, my opinion 42mm is the way to go all things being relative of course.

asdf

Looking Around
20/4/12
Here's some of the QC pics I received from Trevor, the only real flaw I noticed was the bracelet engraving.

I'm stoked it's on it's way!

I was concerned about the date wheel looking offset but I had him double check it and he assured me it's not offset and working properly.

TheCold

15/8/09
Which flaw on the bracelet are you referring to :unsure:

Looks as good as it can be to me!

asdf

Looking Around
20/4/12
If you look at where the Seamaster is engraved there's a little weird space there it looks like "Seamas ter"

Other than that it looks pretty damn good I think... I'm curious to hear other peoples opinions though!

Here's a pic of the gen bracelet.

Hopefully this one shows up larger to even see what I'm talking about.