• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help me decide on next gen - Hamilton Navy Pioneer or Tissot Seastar Powermatic 80

Ama Iro

Known Member
1/8/14
I'm considering these two watches both to wear at work.

I dress semi-casual at work and have to wash my hands vigorously about 50 times a day, usually lathering over and throughout the watch, each time I wash my hands.

While I love the blue steel hands and classic deck watch looks of the Hamilton, I also like the 80-hour power reserve and higher water resistance rating (100m vs 300m) of the Tissot. Still, I imagine 100m water resistance is more than enough to put up with my hand washing.

Best online price is similar for the two watches, about $750 for the Hamilton and $700 for the Tissot.

Here are the two watches, Hamilton first:

H78465553_7.png

t066_407_17_057_02.jpg

Ama Iro

Known Member
1/8/14
I ended up choosing the Tissot. Love it. Incredible value for the money IMO - 80h power reserve automatic movement, 300m water resistance, applied markers, ceramic bezel. Just wonderful.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
Help me decide on next gen - Hamilton Navy Pioneer or Tissot Seastar Powermat...

I would have chosen the Hamilton. By the way I have that ink ;)

D

d4m.test

Both are pretty cool, I like the hammy better..

Ama Iro

Known Member
1/8/14
Thanks! Lume is not bad but not super strong like my Seiko or PAMs. On the other hand, it stays nice and white in usual lighting, whereas my Seiko BFK's strong lume can look green even in fairly well lit rooms.

Champagne iH

4/1/14
I love the older Hamiltons and many a Tissot have I purchased as well. I think SWATCH Corp is driving both brands into the ground. I think I will post my PRS-516 Tissot on the for sale list soon. When I wear Tissot it's usually for very rough and tumble reasons. The PRS-516 has never been worn except to fit it. Such a shame, but if you have more than 18 wristies you know what I'm talking about.

"What should we start with?"
"An '82 Margaux."
"Is it good?"
"Good? It will make you believe in God!"