• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help me choose 43 or 46 mm

oratempus

I'm Pretty Popular
9/5/12
Hi all,

I just discovered UN and its rep. Those (gen) watches are really uncommon. I read the reps are far from PAM super-rep 's level but as many of you know : UN is quite a confidential brand, so I'm not bothering about accuracy of those reps.

I set my eyes on blue theme, especially between the two models :

1/ UN blue surf :
UN-2012-01-06-15-02_enl.jpg

2/ UN hammerhead shark
UN-2010-12-19-01-02_enl.jpg

The case of the surf is 43mm whereas the hammerhead is 46mm.
The dial is checkered with waves or sharks
the indexes are differents, the crowns are differents, the bezels, ...

According to your experiences, to what you've seen or heard, is one of these better "repped" ?
And as I'm a 6.5 inches wrist, what do you think about the hammerhead ? (I use to wear PAMs without problem)

thanks for reading

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
I had the hammerhead, and while I cant speak to how accurate it is, I can discuss its merits.

• The strap is very comfortable and comes very long from the factory. I had to cut it a little and I have an 8.5" wrist. The metal segments add to the straps flexibility and appearance.
  • It feels very light - Im sure the gen feels heavier. That didnt bother me though.
  • The rotor is a bit loud.
  • The blue color is much more vibrant than in the pic above.
  • I felt like it wears about like a PO, which makes sense as they are around the same size within 1mm. However, since the watch is light it doesnt feel unbalanced.
  • I sold mine not because I had any problem with it - I just wanted to try other watches more after I got a feel for it.
  • I picked mine up from Sead and it was a good price FWIW.

Here was mine:
20130518_134446.jpg

20130424_142353.jpg

Wrist - 8.5"
20130504_084859.jpg

Also, here is a pic of the gen I took at the DFW GTG. Its blurry, but whaddya gonna do:
aa3063f2-883b-4bae-9e08-51bd47e6629d.jpg

Ballface

20/6/12
I'd pick the Blue Surf for sure. In addition to also having 6.5" wrists and having the watch fit me better it has metal hour indices which really make the dial pop. It also looks like that the Blue Surf has a far superior pearl. The subdials on the Hammerhead look kinda tacky with the raised plastic edge, I hate that.

welp, that was my post, cya

oratempus

I'm Pretty Popular
9/5/12
thanks mates,

What i understand is that both models are very appreciated for either one or the other reason and those two models are (obviously) differents but well made.

I do appreciate your replies and if someone else can help : welcome !
I will make a review of the one I finally choose.

trinity13

15/12/13
Does hammerhead and blue surf have good lumes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk