• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help identifying this crappy movement

Tomfun

Getting To Know The Place
20/1/13
Hi, my brother in law bought this watch which lasted the whole of 3 days until the movement broke, he's asked me if this can be replaced but I'm unsure. Anyone out there point me in the right direction as to what movement I'll need for this? There's no date function on the watch..

Cheers in advance!
ujusegyb.jpg

egroegart

Respected Member
1/7/13
Oh my. Honestly. I don't think it's worth the hassle or the money it would cost to have it replaced. That is certainly a very cheap watch. would cost more than the watch is worth to have someone work on it. I would look at the watches our Dealers have here and spend a little extra money and get a watch that's going to last a very long time.

J!m1

Renowned Member
6/6/14
Connecticut
You have already identified it: It is in fact, a crappy movement.

I think it may be best to cut your losses and move on to something a bit "better" in the quality department.

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
http://www.ofrei.com/page1119.html

Check it out here. Looks like you have some 21J with faux chrono dials that do something like change day and date or whatever.

Imo like what the others said it's not worth replacing. Use it to practice your watch making skills :)

Tomfun

Getting To Know The Place
20/1/13
Just noticed the replies - cheers guys, the watch has been confined to where it belongs, the bin! Next time he wants a watch I've told him to let me source him one ;)