• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Portuguese 5041

Vfbjule

Looking Around
27/9/14
Hey there,

I'm new here and looking for an IWC Ref. 5041.
Anyone here who could help me to find a dealer

thanks

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
Sorry, but your best bet is here...

edit: to add some "value" to my post, get familiar with simpler IWC models without complications and you will be able to find a nice replica.

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
No and No.

There are some Tourbillon-reps, also IWC Tourbillon reps. But they are not even near the original watch, they are very far away and inaccurate. One short look at the Tourbillon and you'll see it.

Have a closer look to BigPilot, PliotChrono, Portuguese 3714, Portofino or Aquatimers, if you like an IWC rep. Ingenieurs I don't know, there are some but I don't know how accurate they are. But don't expect to get one of the very complicated watches you mentioned rep'ed. Read more about reps, IMO.

BTW: look for watches you can affort. It looks very funny driving a Polo e.g. and wearing a watch in the region of 90.000€. You can affort 90.000€ for a watch? Why buying a rep?!? ;-)

Vfbjule

Looking Around
27/9/14
thanks for your quick reply, i guess ill try to read a bit more about the whole rep topic.
im not fixed on iwc, i just saw that visible mechanic and loved the look. do you know some watches like that?

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Here is the IWC 5042 repped in a bad version. Black dial sold out (white and RG possibly available, ask Angus from Puretime!), price was 798$. The dial or front has flaws (subdials not at correct position, fonts of numbers, hands are crap), the Tourbillon is a real functioning chinese Tourbillon, but it looks cheap compared to the gen. If you turn the watch, you see the bullshit: they used a primitive Seagull handwinding movement (they use it for every Tourbillon in the market because they've only this movement with Tourbillon) to rep an automatic Tourbillon with 3-4 times more pieces - and a crystal back, so everybody can see.

Combined with the high price I would say this is not the best choice to start with rep watches. If you like IWC, look for PilotChrono 3777 or BigPilot 5002 (V1 with faux power reserve). They are very good rep'ed (nearly suoer reps), they have reliable movements and you can source gen parts out there to franken them if you like.

I see you're german. We can switch to the german board here and continue in german or with PNs.

Ah, the gen:

4014B-IWC1.JPG